Saturday, November 16, 2019

CAS Watercolour Reminder - Monochromatic

Hello friends.  Just a friendly reminder that there's still time to play with our last challenge of the year at CAS Watercolour and we are looking for MONOCHROMATIC cards.


I used water coloring and a stencil to come up with my background for this card...


I used a technique that Betsy Veldman used HERE (scroll down to the 3rd video) with The Greetery's Frosty Flakes Stencil and distress inks in Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans, & Salty Ocean.  Here's a closer up of the background:


Once my background was dry I added my line of die cut trees using Memory Box's Evergreen Window (I trimmed the window part of the die cut off so I was only left with the trees) along with a strip of white cardstock that I tore to mimic the snow hills.  A simple matting with Blueberry Sky cs and my stamped sentiment (PTI's Christmas Blessings) in Blueberry Sky ink mounted on a white card base finished off my card.

If you need more inspiration, make sure you check out what the rest of the DT has come up with (HERE) this month...you will be blown away by their BEAUTIFUL cards and also from our Special GD Birgit.  This challenge is open till the 24th, so come play along with our MONOCHROMATIC theme...we'd love to see YOU in the gallery!!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


13 comments:

Happy Dance said...

What a pretty blue Christmas card, Marcia! Love that background you've created in those soft blues.The trees and snowflakes look amazing here, too. This should be a postcard. Happy Saturday. xoxo Bev

I Card Everyone said...

I love those snowy trees, Marcia... what a gorgeous scene you've created!
=]

Loll said...

LOVE your watercoloured winter scene Marcia! Gorgeous sky with falling snowflakes. Perfect scripty sentiment to finish with the lovely tree die-cuts. xx

Bobby said...

Your watery, snowflake-y background is so lovely to show off your white forest, Marcia.

Christine Alexander said...

beautiful snowflake stencil monoprint background for your tree line Marcia :)

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful watercolor background, Marcia! Love the soft color and snowflakes with the stand of snowy trees! Very serene, peaceful and lovely!

Lisa Elton said...

This is so peaceful and pretty Marcia. A wonderfully frosty scene!

Cindy Beach said...

This is just the kind of Christmas card that I like, Marcia. Serene and soft, rich in details and beautifully done!

Patti said...

Sigh!! This is THE most beautiful scene! I love how quiet the woods are after a snow. I can almost hear it! : )

Karen Dunbrook said...

really pretty card.
xx Karen

Sharron said...

Love your frosty woods, so peaceful and such a wonderful Christmas design!

Ros Crawford said...

I pulled out my blue paint yesterday to make some cards... Gotta have some watercolour right? This is lovely!!

Anita in France said...

"Where the snow lay round about, deep and crisp and even" ... you've captured the chill frostiness of a snowy winter forest so beautifully, Marcia ... so serene and peaceful (apart from my humming that is!). Hugs, my friend, Anita :)