Monday, December 27, 2021

Peace On Earth Challenge #6

Hello friends.  Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!  Ours was was a small and quiet one as we had celebrated with all the girls and grandkids a week ago, but it was still a lovely day!  And with temps in the low 50's and even a little bit of sunshine...NOT your typical Christmas Day weather in Michigan!  One more Christmas card to share with you today (maybe...you know I love, LOVE making Christmas cards all year long!!) and I'm playing along with the Peace On Earth Challenge where I fell in love with all the greenery and berries on their mood board!


I especially fell in love with the bottom right photo of the red, white, & green mason jars filled with greenery, and came up with this card inspired by the photo...


I used PTI's Farm Fresh Trees stamp & die set to come up with the red, white, & green containers and the small trees.  I used The Greetery's Nordic Frame Dies to add a decorative edge to my card, and my sentiment was embossed with Altenew's Rose Gold embossing powder on vellum.  I finished this simple card with a few small die cut snowflakes (Impression Obsession), some twine bows, and a couple gold sequins.  

This challenge is still open for a couple more days, so check out all the beautiful inspiration from Diane and Darlene and their talented DT, and then play along to get a head start on next year's Christmas cards.  You can find all the details right HERE.  

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


12 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh Marcia ... what a fabulous take on our board! LOVE IT!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support on our new challenge adventure!!

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Bonnie said...

I love these colored jars with the sweet little trees, Marcia! Very festive and fun! I'm still stuck in the Christmas card making. Trying to get the pile on my desk down. Keep them coming, my friend. Glad you had a nice Christmas!

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute card, Marcia! Love the vellum sentiment banner and those darling little trees. Unusual winter weather for us too... 54, it's crazy!

Susan said...

Love those little containers and trees - fabulous layout. What a wonderful take on the photo in the inspiration!

I Card Everyone said...

I love your PTI milk cans in all these wonderful colors, Marcia! You sure were right to reach for them as the perfect stand in for the mason jars and the vellum is always a pretty place for a sentiment!
=]

Mac Mable said...

I love the interpretation of the inspiration photo and extra loving those cute little mason jars. Wonderful Christmas my end with the one I love....loved it x. Here's to a Healthy, Happy and Crafty 2022....Sending hugs Marcia x.

Birgit said...

This is adorable Marcia! I love those old milk cans in those colors and the twine bow is the perfect finishing touch. Happy New Year to you and your family my friend!

Dotty Jo said...

Stunning cards, Marcia. Your colour choices and stamping are just gorgeous. Sorry I'm a bit late commenting and thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart Challenge again, Jo x

Bobby said...

Those little jars are perfect for holding the tiny trees, Marcia. Such a wonderful card and I'm with you about making Christmas cards all year.

Ros Crawford said...

Oh I love this... Those little trees are beautiful. Glad you enjoyed Christmas... Here's to a happy healthy New Year!

Vickie Y said...

Love the Farm Fresh colorful containers! Thank you for sharing with us at Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge.

Loll said...

LOVE the beautiful jars filled with greenery, Marcia! Love how you've used the mood board to design your card. Happy New Year to you, my friend! xx