A fun sketch and yummy looking fruit...a perfect match, right?! Personally, I love all fruits, but have to admit that STRAWBERRIES are probably my all time favorite! So of course I have a strawberry card to share...
Yummmmmmm! I love eating them plain, in shortcake, in pies, and especially in Michele's dessert she makes! (Maybe if you ask real nice, she might print the recipe sometime.) I started with a 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" white card base and then added the largest die from PFS's Dotted Postage Square also in white cs. Next came a layer of PTI's Pure Poppy plaid dsp, and then another postage square so I had a place to add my bunch of strawberries (The Greetery - BotaniCuts Strawberries).
My die cut strawberries and leaves were die cut and then ink blended using DOX inks. I finished with a embossed strip sentiment from Gina K's All At Once Greetings and a few Ruby Red Gems from PFS.
You can find lots of wonderful inspiration from both Design Teams...check HERE for the Double D challenge and HERE for the Freshly Made Sketches challenge.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!





16 comments:
I'd like to think that photo of my dessert I tempted you with prompted this wonderful card, but I know how much you love strawberries! [Tom is doing a great job eating your share btw]
Your strawberries are so pretty they're making me pucker - and that bitty plaid square is the perfect picnic setting!
Thanks so much for playing cards with us this week, my friend!
=]
The shading on those berries is luscious, Marcia. The layers of postage dies and red plaid make this a card to swoon over.
Marcia, you have collected and put together the most fabulous pieces for this lovely card. Your inking is FANTASTIC, and postage edges with plaid...swoon.
A berrylicious take on Jen's sketch, Marcia! I'm so impressed with your coloring and wish that I could pluck them off of your card! Thanks so joining Freshly Made Sketches this week--we love it when you do!
This is the perfect strawberry card! The framing, the delightful patterned paper you chose and those beautifully colored berries! What a pretty card, Marcia!
I love everything about this! Those strawberries look good enough to each and the plaid paper is just perfection. Love your layers and details! Thanks so much for joining us this week at FMS!
Amazing! Now I want dessert and I need to cook dinner first - ugh! Love your strawberries, they're so realistic that I almost picked one. Very cute card. I love the size of your square card, I'm not sure the "norm" for a square card but I have envelopes that are 5.5 x 5.5!!!
Wow, these berries look so yummy I can almost taste them!! Can you believe this is my 2nd year in a row I have not gotten any local berries, what is wrong with me!!!?
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
Diane
{Nellies Nest}
The Four Seasons Co-Owner
Your strawberries look good enough to eat Marcia with your fabulous coloring. The red plaid paper is a perfect backdrop for them.
Your strawberries look so ripe and juicy, Marcia! Altogether a fantastic card paired with that red plaid! I predict a winner, my friend!
This is fabulous, Marcia! Your ink-blended strawberries look amazing! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.
Your strawberries look great and I couls eat them right now! It's a lovely card!
Lia DT DD
Your strawberries look just like the real thing! This card is darling and sweet as can be. Looks like a strawberry picnic, with the pretty plaid in the background. What a great combination of the two challenges.
Gorgeous all around!
This looks so beautiful, Marcia! I love a petite square like this, and it can even be mailed in a regular envelope if you want to save postage. The Freshly Made sketch was a fabulous place to start, and the strawberries a yummy place to end up! Beautiful shading. Love the dies and the country plaid. As always your card is a delightful sight in our Double D gallery. Thank you so much for joining us there!
Gorgeous card and great win at FMS! Well deserved!
Post a Comment