Thursday, March 7, 2013

Aimi with Lantern

Good morning friends.  The card I'd like to share with you today is a LOTV stamp that I HAD to have about 6 months ago (or maybe longer...can't remember!) and finally got around to inking it up!  "Aimi" is an oriental little girl, and I think she's just adorable!  Take a look:


I think the reason it took me so long to ink her up was because of the amount of detail, but once I got started coloring, it was easy to keep going!  I took my color cues from the design paper (Little Yellow Bicycle Inc.) and used my Copics to color her.  I have never colored "black" hair before, so that was a new learning experience for me, and then just when I thought it was looking pretty good, one of my Copics started bleeding on me!  It was towards the top of her bun, and I didn't want to start from scratch again, so I improvised and added some flowers with pearls to her hair...I thought it was a pretty good save! :0)  SU!'s Cherry Cobbler card stock matched up perfectly with the red in the desgner paper, so a simple Spellbinders flower and seam binding ribbon finished off the card perfectly. 

Still been working like crazy on wedding stuff, so feel like I haven't been stamping as much as I'd like to be!  Anyway, bear with me over the next 6 weeks as I probably won't be posting as much.  I'll still be around though, and will try to post at least once (or maybe twice?) a week.  Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great rest of your week! :0)  

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Great job on the bun - doesn't show at all!