Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Happy Birthday MJ

Good morning friends.  I know I said yesterday I would be back with some graduation inspiration today, but completely forgot I have a birthday to celebrate (that's what happens when you get old!!).  One of my college roommates is celebrating a birthday today (Happy Birthday MJ!!) and so I'm going to share her card today.  MJ had stopped by for a visit last week and commented (when raiding my card stockpile! :0) that she really liked my Lily of the Valley cards, sooooo.......



There's always a lot of detail on Lily of the Valley images, so click on the photo to enlarge it and see all it's yummy goodness! :0)  This is a 5 x 5 card base, and I layered with SU!'s Pixie Pink (retired color) cs and design paper from The Paper Studio.  After stamping the image and coloring with my Copics, I used the largest circle die (Spellbinders) and largest scalloped circle die before adhering to the dp.  I added a turquoise blue tulle bow and the Just for You circle sentiment (Lily of the Valley) off to the left.  I also used a Martha Stewart punch to add a cupcake to the center of the sentiment circle so it would coordinate with the dp.  And a little flower too to add a little more dimension.  I know it's a "busy" card, but I like how it turned out and hope MJ will too!

OK, I seriously need to get some graduation things done (my baby graduates tomorrow night and her open house is Sunday) today, but I will be back with some inspiration soon for graduation, and also have a new Festive Friday challenge card to share too.  Have a wonderful Wednesday friends, and thanks so much for stopping by and spending a part of your day with me...I LOVE it when you do!! 

No comments: