Tuesday, May 14, 2013

C.A.S.E.

Good morning friends.  Quick post today as I want to get outside and do some planting now that the danger of frost is past! :0)  I love this time of year when I get to add color to the outside of my home, but I wonder how many of you are like me, and when July rolls around I'm so sick of the heat and watering, that my flowers only survive if we have a lot of rain or my husband takes pity on them?  We'll see what this year brings! :0)

My card today is a complete CASE of a card that won the CAS challenge by Sally Sherfield.  I was drawn to it immediately by its simplicity and couldn't help but copy it.  I left off the sentiment and the bling she added to hers, and my colors are a tiny bit different, but otherwise, it's pretty much the same.  Take a look:


The card base is 4 1/4" x 4 1/4", and then I made a template with a 2 1/4" x 2 1/4" opening, so I could stamp the image (SU!'s "Because I Care" stamp set) inside the opening.  I used SU!'s Pool Party, Tempting Turquoise, and Old Olive ink for the flower, and then made a mask of the flower so I could sponge the background lightly with Pool Party and Tempting Turquoise.  I made a few of these and left off any sentiments, so I could use them as note cards for any occasion.  Very clean and simple, AND elegant in my humble opinion! :0)

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!

No comments: