Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Hello

Good morning friends.  Back today with a couple cheery cards from a PTI set that I've had for over a year and JUST used for the first time!  And now I ask myself "why was I waiting?!", because this is such a fun set!  It's called "Strawberry Patch", and I remember when I bought it, I also bought the basket die, and used that right away but not the stamp set.  Temporary loss of mind I guess!  But anyway, had lots of fun creating these 2 bright AND simple cards.  Take a look:




Both are pretty self explanatory, but if you have any questions, just email me.  The "thanks" on the bottom card was pieced together from 2 PTI dies - thankful and blessed.  I knew I didn't have room for "thankful" to go across the bottom of the card, so I cut off the "ful" part and then cut out one of the "s"'s from "blessed" and attached it to the "thank".  The "many" came from an old SU! stamp that says "many thanks" and I just inked up the "many".  This is definitely a set I will be using again...lots of fun! :0)

 Have one more picture to share with you today.  My husband had taken out a shrub this spring that had been dying for the past few years, and because it had gotten so big, I had forgotten there were all kinds of Lily of the Valley planted underneath it.  With the shrub gone, they just went crazy this year and I had to bring a bouquet in for my dining room table.  My mom used to do the same thing, and it brings back fond memories and a smile to my face.


Aren't they pretty?  And they smell SO good! :0) 

Remember to keep all the families in Moore, OK in your prayers...the loss of life and destruction there is just incomprehensible.  I think I need to turn the news off as I just can't seem to stop the tears from coming.  Another example of just how precious life is and how quickly it can be taken away.  Make sure you let those around you know they are loved on a daily basis!!

Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful Tuesday.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Love the cards and especially love the flowers! I can't even think about those poor parents in Moore, too devastating.