Friday, May 17, 2013

Make it Monday #116 - Adding Texture to Stamps

Good morning friends and happy Friday!  Found some time to play along with PTI's Make it Monday challenge this  week, and Betsy challenged us to use a comb (or something similar) to add texture to our stamps.  My card's very simple, but I'm pleased with how it turned out.  Take a look:


If you click on the photo to enlarge it, you'll be able to see the texture better.  I started with the leaves from PTI's "Beautiful Blooms" stamp set and SU!'s Gumball Green ink.  After inking the stamp, I used my comb in two directions to add the texture to the leaves.  I then added the flowers from the stamp set with different colors (SU!'s Tangerine Tango, Wisteria Wonder, YoYo Yellow, Pool Party, Melon Mambo, & So Saffron).  I added a black center to all the flowers to make them pop a bit more, and then after adding the sentiment (PTI's "Flower Fusion #11), I added a few clear iridescent sequins to the background and also over the black centers of the flowers.  My card base is SU!'s Tangerine Tango, which also adds a pop of color to the card.  A quick and easy card, but sure to bring a smile with it's brightness to someone's day! :0)

Thanks for stopping by today, and I hope you all have a wonderful and JOY filled weekend!  See you next week with more inspiration! :0) 

4 comments:

Carolanne said...

This is so pretty! LOVE the colors. The way you did your texture both ways looks so good!

Helen F. said...

Your card will surely bring a smile or two, Marcia! Love how this technique adds such interest to solid stamps.

victoria h said...

love the added texture to your stamping and the sequins.

bjmartin said...

I like the bright colors and the texture!