Saturday, June 22, 2013

MIM#121 - Colored Vellum Flowers

Hello friends.  Found some time last night to play with the Make it Monday challenge, and while I'm not crazy about my card, it's one of those that kind of grows on you over time.  My mom brought me over a whole flat of strawberries earlier this week (I think she was hoping for some homemade jam!), and so I wanted to use PTI's "Strawberry Patch" stamp set to make a thank you card for her.  I know technically the strawberries aren't a flower, but hey, they started out as a flower, right?! :0)  Take a look:


I love the general idea of my card and the colors (even though the polka dot background is looking more blue than the actual turquoise blue it really is!), but there are little things that bug me about it.  The strawberries in the picture don't look too bad, but in real life the white embossing powder turned a real light pink from the red ink I used to color them and not the crisp white I was hoping for.  The other element I wanted to incorporate into this card was the chalkboard technique, and because of the textured cardstock I chose, when I went to draw my lines around the edges of the sentiment, they didn't come out too smooth.  I know I'm probably being way too picky, but when you get this idea in your head of how it should look and it doesn't come out that way...well any of you that stamp know what I'm talking about, right?  RIGHT?  Thank you! :0)

Have a wonderful rest of your weekend and I'll be back next week with some more inspiration.  Thanks for stopping by. :0)


No comments: