Friday, June 7, 2013

2013 Grad

Good morning friends.  Back with another graduation card today for my nephew Joe.  An Joe, I doubt you read my blog, but on the off chance that you do, I'm going to apologize right upfront, that your card isn't more "manly"!  But come on, your school colors are gold and purple...how "manly" can that be?!!  But anyway, I tried and this is what I came up with:


A very quick and easy card, and even though it isn't very "manly", I really do like how it turned out!  I started with a 5 x 5 white card base, and then layered with a dark purple, and then a purple and gold dotted design paper (Stamping Station).  Next I used a piece of 4 x 4 purple and cut into quarters (2 x 2), and then embossed each square with the large dotted embossing folder by Cuttlebug/ProvoCraft.  I used my Cricut to cut out the numbers (Don Juan cartridge cut at 1 1/2") in gold glitter paper and then finished by embossing my sentiment (Verve Visual) in gold on vullum and attaching with 2 small gold nailheads (Gina K).  Oh, and I also added a die cut grad cap in the upper corner (PTI). 

That's all for today friends, but I'll be back sometime this weekend with a birthday card(s) I made for this weeks Make it Monday challenge.  Have a wonderful Friday and a great weekend...the sun is shinning, the birds are singing, and I have JOY in my heart...life is good...thank you Lord!

No comments: