Monday, June 10, 2013

Lovely Little Fuschia

Good morning friends.  Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  I had a very relaxed weekend....first one in months and months and months!!  It was kind of nice not to have to be planning for a wedding and open house and just do things at a slower speed.

My card today is a very CAS one and started with a Memory Box die of a Fuschia flower.  Take a look:


I used a couple re-inkers (SU!'s Melon Mambo & Gumball Green) and glossy cardstock, and then the Memory Box die to cut out the flower.  The flower is very small (kinda wish it were bigger!), and it was a bit of a struggle to figure out a way to showcase the flower without it seeming lost in the rest of the card.  For that reason I kept the card very simple, and used PTI's Herringbone Impression Plate for the background.  The sentiment is from PTI's "Blooming Button Bits" and I used SU!'s Melon Mambo cardstock to layer.  I finished with some ribbon (SU!'s Melon Mambo) and a few irredescent sequins.  I love the delicacy of fuschia flowers, and will definitely be using this die again! :0)

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday and thanks so much for stopping by...I love it when you do! :0) 

No comments: