Friday, July 26, 2013

Chalk Talk Fun

Good morning friends and happy Friday!  Just a quick post today to share a fun and easy card I made yesterday using SU!'s new "Chalk Talk" stamp set. (And to think when I first started noticing the chalk trend, I wasn't too impressed...what was I thinking?!!!)  Take a look:


This was such a quick card to put together!  The design paper is "The Paper Studio" from Hobby Lobby, and I layered those with SU!'s Pixie Pink (retired) card stock and a white card base.  I stamped the tag from Chalk Talk with Momento black ink on white cs and then fussy cut it out (wish I had been able to afford the framelits that match this set, but maybe down the road...).  I stamped the tag again onto Pixie Pink cs and then cut out the "SOMETHING" banner and pop dotted it to the tag.  I layered the tag onto more Pixie Pink cs, and then attached with more pop dots to my card.  If you enlarge the photo, you'll be better able to see the little diamond bling I added to the corners of the tag, where I also used my pink marker to color in the flower leaves.  I added a little bow (seam binding ribbon that I colored with the chisel tip of my Copic marker (RV06) - this works even quicker than the re-inker and plastic baggie tip I told you about the other day!) and a heart in the upper right hand corner to finish off the card.  Quick, fun, and very bright...I love it! :0)

I also have a WINNER for my Kraft or Old Olive contest, and the lucky lady is Benzi!  (Please contact me Benzi so I know where to mail your card to.)  Thanks so much for playing in my little contest, and Old Olive was definitely the winner!
 
 
Have a wonderful weekend everyone and thanks so much for stopping by...I love it when you do! :0) 

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I wasn't big on the chalkboard trend either till I saw this card - love it!

Jill Norwood said...

Beautiful card! I have my eye on this stamp set! I just love this tag image! Lovely card!

Marybeth said...

Love this chalk tag card! So pretty in pink ! Your window card is beautiful too!