Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Elegant Note Cards

Good morning friends.  Black, white, and pops of red seem to be all the rage in everything from home décor to even greeting cards today, so I decided to try my hand at a set of birthday/thank you cards for a good friend.  The original card came from Splitcoaststampers, and here's my take on it:


I made a set of four cards and these really went together so fast, even I was amazed!  Of course it helped that the card bases were from the $1 bins at Michael's, so all I really had to do was sit down and stamp! :0)  I started by making a template where I used my largest Spellbinder's circle  to cut out the center of the template, then placed that over the card base and stamped the background using SU!'s "French Script" background stamp with Going Grey (SU! - retired color) ink. I loved how when you take the template off you have this perfect circle with a subtle background!  Next I stamped one of the flourishes from SU!'s "Flowering Flourishes" set in Real Red (SU!) ink, and then stamped the sentiment using PTI's "Embroidered Blooms" set in black and red inks.  To finish I added a couple silver nailheads (Gina K) to the flourish (click to enlarge picture and you can see them better) and a strip of Real Red card stock to the bottom of the card.  All 4 cards took around 30 minutes to complete and I really like how elegant they turned out! 

That's all for today friends, but I'll be back tomorrow or Friday with an envelope I decorated for this weeks Make it Monday challenge.  Just to give you a hint, it matches the strawberry card I posted on Monday........

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful Wednesday! :0)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I will play with the same basic idea today. The design is elegant and fun. Thanks for the inspiration.

Bonnie said...

This is so elegant! I love the soft gray script with that beautiful red flourish!