Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Thank You Ever So Much

Good morning friends.  Lately I've been seeing a lot of "10 minute or less" card challenges out there, and while I understand we all have time constraints, some of these cards really do look like they took 10 minutes or less to create!  I'm really not trying to be snobby here, but if you're going to take the time to make a card to send to someone, take the time to show that person you really do care about them!  That being said, the card I want to share with you today really could be made in about 10 minutes, but is so simply elegant, it looks like more instead of less!  I can't take credit for this card, as the idea came from Sylvia-Anne of Poppy's Papercraft Patch.  Here's my take on it:


This card started with a simple white card base, and then I stamped the largest flourish from SU!'s "Flowering Flourishes" in black ink on a smaller white layer of cardstock (5 x 3 1/2).  The sentiment is from PTI's "Boutique Borders: Thanks" stamp set.  I rounded 2 of the corners and then pop dotted this layer onto the card base.  I used some POW Silver Glitter Paper that I colored with a Copic marker (RV06) and punched out a butterfly (Martha Stewart) and 3 small circles to add tiny pops of color.  Very simple and pretty! :0)  You could easily change the color of the glitter paper and the sentiment to make all different cards using this design...quick but still looks like you took time! :0)

I have the words "This is the day the Lord has made; let us be glad and rejoice in it." on my kitchen bulkhead, and it's been there a number of years.  Unfortunately I tend to not look up too often anymore, and I miss the beauty and truth of those words that are meant to start each and every day out knowing the Lord has created this day specifically for us to enjoy!  Not worry, but JOY!  Keep looking up friends, and experience all the joy today holds!  Thanks for stopping by today and have a joy filled Tuesday! :0)   
  

1 comment:

Marybeth said...

Hi Marcia.......ok I will try and not worry! Yesterday is gone today is now and we don't know if we will see tomorrow .
Nothing simple about you card ...it's stunning. Love the butterfly,the vine ,the flowers ! Truly a stunning card! Hope you have a Blessed day!