Thursday, August 22, 2013

Merry Monday #71

Good morning friends.  I know with the heat and humidity we've had the last few days that it definitely doesn't feel like Christmas, but I'm on a roll here and lovin the fact that I'm ahead in the card department!  So anyway, playing with the Merry Monday challenge this week, and while this is not a "stamped" or traditional colored Christmas card, I really like how it turned out.  Must be the great design we had to follow:


And here's my take on it:


As soon as I saw the design with all those circles, I knew the design paper I wanted to use from The Paper Studio.  It is filled with all these little snowflake circles (and dots) that I simply used a punch to cut out.  A little hard to see, but to keep the circle theme going, I put the Merry Christmas design paper through my Cuttlebug with a the large circle embossing folder before attaching it to my off white card base.  I pop dotted 3 of the 7 punched circles and added some diamond bling to the center and two end punched circles.  I used PTI's die to cut out the "merry" (SU!'s Pool Party cs matched the greenish blue of the punched circles beautifully!!) and then added a punched out snowflake (MS) in red glitter paper to balance out the offset "merry".  I finished with a sheer ribbon (Michael's) that matched pretty close with the Pool Party color.  Another quick and easy card, so I made a few to add to my growing stash! :0)

That's all for today, but hope to be back tomorrow for a quick post of my hubby's 60th birthday card and nugget cake I made for him.  Thanks so much for stopping by today and have a wonderful Thursday! :0)

5 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Love all the snowflakes. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card Marcia, I love the papers and colours you used. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Marybeth said...

Very pretty Marcia! Love the festive sm. circles and glittery snowflake.
Happy 60th to you husband! Can't wait to see the card you made.

Bonnie said...

I love the soft blue with the red and the glittery snowflakes! Great use of this sketch, Marcia! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

Lesley said...

Such a pretty card, Marcia! Love the papers you have used!