Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Free is Good!

Good morning friends.  Have a card to share today that I made using a stamp set that I won from Dawn Griffith (Dawn's Stamping Thoughts).  I don't win things very often (in fact, almost never!!), but boy is it exciting when I do!  And it's even more exciting when it comes in the mail and it's not a bill!  So thank you Dawn for such a nice surprise...very much appreciated!  And FREE is always good, right?!!! :0) 

The stamp set Dawn sent me was "Gorgeous Grunge" (SU!), and while I tend to be a "flowery" type card person, this set was great to get me thinking outside my normal comfort zone.  After thinking about the title for a bit, it hit me that why not combine my floral love and the Gorgeous Grunge together?!  And here's what I came up with:


We haven't had much sun the last few days, so I apologize for the picture quality...it's much brighter IRL!  Dawn's favorite color is purple, so Wisteria Wonder was my starting point.  I used my favorite flower stamp (at the moment that is!) from the "Blooming with Kindness" (SU!) set, and then fussy cut it out.  I made my background using 3 of the different images from the "Gorgeous Grunge" set...the image that looks like washi tape I stamped onto Wisteria Wonder card stock just to add a pop of color.  And even though it's hard to see in this picture, I added Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the splattered dots to add a little more brightness, and also because I know Dawn loves glitter! :0)  I finished using an old (2002) sentiment from SU!, some silver nailheads (Gina K), and a button (SU!).  Other than the button (and the stem of the flower), it's a very monochromatic card, but I have to admit that I really like how it turned out!  Thanks again Dawn for such a lovely surprise! :0)

That's all for today friends.  I just picked up season 3 of "Downton Abbey" from the library yesterday, so I know the rest of my day is shot now...I am SO hooked on this show! :0)  Thanks so much for stopping by today...you know I love it when you do! :0)

1 comment:

Sue said...

I love the way it turned out too! Congrats on the free stamp set, too! Enjoy "Downton Abbey". I have to watch Season 2 of Midwife before Friday...that's on the docket for this afternoon.