Monday, September 28, 2015

Quilted: Autumn

Hello friends.  Sharing a set of notecards I had made almost a month ago now and forgotten to post...a sign of waaaaay too much new stuff lately, and I don't want everything I own to become  NBUS!! :0)  But anyway, Quilted: Autumn is a newer stamp set from PTI (August release) in their quilting line of stamps (Quilted: Spring and Quilted: Summer) with a lovely leaf motif that is perfect for the Fall season.  Take a look:


Don't all the little pieces of the leaf look like coordinated material?  The stamp set actually comes with all the little different stamp patterned pieces so you can make it look just like material...love it!  I went for more muted colors, even though Fall is full of bright colors (maybe I'll have to do another set with the bright reds, oranges, & yellows!!).  I used Early Espresso cardstock for the frame of the leaf, and then Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky, Melon Berry, Classic Kraft, Fine Linen, & Soft Suede inks for all the little stamped pieces.  I used the Keep It Simple series for my sentiments with Blueberry Sky and Melon Berry inks on a white banner, and then used an older Cuttlebug Fall embossing folder on kraft cardstock that I sponged with Walnut Stain Distress Ink to make the words pop out a bit more for the background layer.

Here's a photo of the set of 4 cards:


They are all the same except for the sentiments, and will make for a nice little birthday gift for one of my quilting friends this next month.

Thank you so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do! :0)

3 comments:

Birgit said...

These are beautiful Marcia! I like the soft colors and think they would look good in bright as well. There's always a place for both! ;0) They remind me of looking through a stained glass window. Beautiful!!

Colleen said...

Beautiful!! Reminds me that I made some cards with that stamp and I don't think I have posted them either!! I love your soft colors and Birgit is right, they do look like stained glass! You have inspired me to pull out Quilts: Autumn again and make some more!! Have a beautiful week!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Gorgeous!
Let me know how it turn out for your Paris card, I really would love to see it!