Monday, September 21, 2015

SOA - REALLY Bright Card

Hello friends.  Thought I would wake you up with a REALLY bright card this morning!  Take a look:


How's that for an eye opener?!!!  I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to stamper CATHERINE POOLER, but I have to say that I just love her bubbly personality and fun, FUN stamping style!  This card has never been my stamping style, but I think Catherine is rubbing off on me!  I ordered one of her first SOA (Stamp of Approval) kits, and other than ink, pretty much everything was included in this kit to make lots and LOTS of fun cards.  There were lots of stamps and dies in this kit, but what I just fell in love with was the stencil by winnie & walter.  I used 4 different distress inks (Tumbled Glass, Twisted Citron, Spiced Marmalade, & Picked Raspberry) and a blending tool over the stencil to create this vibrant and eye catching background.  The flowers and doodles were part of the In Bloom: Eva's Favorite Flowers stamp set by winnie & walter, and the love ya die cut is by CAS-UaL FriDaYS.  The sequins were also included in the kit, and the string was tied around the kit when it came and I decided it fit perfectly with my card!  Fun, fun kit and I know I'll get lots of use from it!

I'll leave ya with a fun little project that I CASE'd from LAURIE WILLISON


Isn't this such a cute idea?!!!  Mason jars are really popular right now for decorating, and if I'm not careful, I'm not going to have any jars left for canning!  Laurie explains beautifully how to make this particular jar, but it's basically just using a sticker sheet and cutting out a die cut and sticking to a clean jar, and then painting it.  Laurie used white chalkboard paint for hers, but I already had white acrylic paint, so I just used that.  When it was dry, I carefully removed the sticker, and then filled with coffee beans and a tea light.  And it not only looks cute, it smells wonderful when burning!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do! :0)

1 comment:

Birgit said...

Love your fabulously fun card, Marcia! The blended colors and flowers and accents are awesome!! It sounds like a fun kit. The mason jar candle is awesome as well! I'll bet it does smell yummy. ;0)