Monday, September 18, 2017

Merry Monday #257 - Use A Tag On Your Christmas Card

Hello friends.  Susan is hosting our challenge this week at Merry Monday and she would like you to use a TAG, TEXTURE, BLING, & DIE CUTS on your Christmas cards.


Sometimes I get so excited to start a card and challenge that I forget to read all the fine print, so that is why I highlighted all the different things to include on your card, in case you're like me!  Yep, my card didn't quite start out like I first started it, but that's ok because I really like how it turned out after all the revisions!  Here's what I came up with:

   
For my TAG, I used PTI's Basic Bookmark #3 die and am also using this for my DIE CUT too.  I embossed my image and sentiment (PTI's Botanical Blocks IV) in gold (that's BLING right?!!) and then colored in my image with Copics.  I am also using my gold embossing as TEXTURE.  For my background I used a beautiful piece of DSP from Penny Black's Festive & Frosty paper pad on one side and stamped some flourishes from a retired SU! set called Priceless.  I added a strip of gold glitter paper (more BLING) between the DSP and flourishes, and then added my tag on top.  I also added some gems and a gold ribbon for a little more BLING, and also a little sparkle with my Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen on the pink berries and flourishes.  So I actually think I did quite well on the BLING component of this challenge!!  :0)


We can't wait to see what YOU come up with for this week's challenge, so dig out all those TAGS, DIE CUTS, BLING and TEXTURE and play along with us!  Check out all the fabulous cards from the rest of the DT, and then play along right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!  :0)



 

17 comments:

Birgit said...

You did "quite well" on every component on this darling card! The image and background papers look like they were made for each other. Everything about this card is pure perfection my friend!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Marcia, I love your layout and the image is very pretty.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What an elegant card, Marcia! Just love the designer paper combo and the fabulous bookmark tag!!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Beautiful Marcia, so pretty how the DSP coordinates with the stamped image!

Bobby said...

I almost overlooked those additional requirements, too, Marcia, but before I started a card so I'll be good. Your card is lovely with the coloring and DSP and bling. You didn't forget the bling.;)

Unknown said...

Marcia this is simply stunning I love how you paired up the DSP to coordinate with the holly leaves. Have a great week.

Kathryn A said...

Love this! I didn't know this stamp fit on the bookmark die! I may be casing you--hope that's ok?

Susan Joyce said...

Awesome card Marcia, love all the design elements you used, I think you rocked the challenge!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Gorgeous greens and sweet pinks for this vintage feel card..! I love it

Kara Lynne said...

So beautiful, Marcia! I love how you pulled all the elements together. The colors are wonderful, and I love the background too!

Loll said...

Beautiful card Marcia. Love the mix of DSP and stamping for the split background. And your tag is so pretty and blingy! xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Marcia! Love the beautiful stamped scrolls and the elegant gold embossed holly! Thanks for the inspiration!

Lady Joyful said...

Very pretty card. I love the touches of gold.

Robyn Oliver said...

A gorgeous tag card Marcia... pretty colours and fab die cut tag

JoAnn said...

Beautiful tag and card. Love it all.

I Card Everyone said...

You've checked every requirement, and added plenty of bling, Marcia!!! It's beautiful - from top to bottom!
Thanks again for spending time with me today, and sharing your wonderful friends! OH and making me feel better about all the money I left behind! xx
=]

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Haha - love your bolded words!! Gorgeous card - the gold is the perfect touch!