Friday, September 8, 2017

CAS Mix Up - September 2017

Hello friends.  Playing along with this month's CAS Mix Up challenge, where they are looking for a Watercolour Wash, which is a semi-transparent layer of color.


Here's what I came up with:


I did a real light wash of orange with my Gansai Tambi water colors and when that was dry I stamped my pumpkin image from Impression Obsession (D19277) in Versafine Onyx Black ink.  To add a little bit of framing I used PTI's Mix & Mat: Flourish Die and then added my embossed sentiment banner from PTI's Sunflower Harvest set.  Definitely CAS and as Darnell would say: QACAS!!  :0)

So for this challenge I watercoloured, stamped, die cut, and embossed.

There is still LOTS of time to play along with this challenge (Sept. 24), so check out all the beautiful inspiration from the DT and all the players in the gallery, and then play along right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!!

7 comments:

Vicki Finger said...

Lovely Marcia! I have a set in mind and I think I'll Join you for this challenge.

Bonnie said...

A super clever way to use a watercolor wash, Marcia! Your cards are always spot on! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Ros Crawford said...

Brilliant! What a super card and such a fabulous design for that challenge! Your wash look so very effctive!

Loll said...

LOVE the artsy look of your watercolour wash background, Marcia! Great job! The die-cut framing is just perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Birgit said...

Super sweet and very artsy! Great job on the water colored background!

Julia Aston said...

Your fun row of pumpkins look awesome with the orange watercolor wash behind them Marcia! A great way to accent a stamp without having to color it! Thanks for joining us in the CAS Mix Up Challenge! Julia xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

Fabulous design, Marcia! Your card reminds me that less is more! There's nothing unnecessary, and every element is so effective! (not to mention the great wash) I love it! Hideko