Monday, September 11, 2017

Merry Monday #256 - Favorite Holiday Movie

Hello friends.  Nina is our hostess with this week's challenge at Merry Monday, and she would like you to make a Christmas card based on your favorite Christmas movie.  I love everything Christmas, and that includes Christmas movies too!  So let's see...Home Alone (Merry Christmas ya filthy animal!), Charlie Brown Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street, White Christmas, How The Grinch Stole Christmas, and the list goes on and on!  But when it comes right down to it, there's just something about the movie Elf that makes me laugh and smile the whole way through!


I used one of Buddy the elf's favorite sayings and computer generated it and added a elf image from MFT's Santa's Elves and came up with this:


I colored my elf with Copics in colors to match Buddy's elf outfit and then pop dotted him against some green checked DSP (Sorry...it was a scrap and I don't remember the manufacturer) and added a banner that I die cut with a Gina Marie Design die.  A couple enamel dots finished off my simple card.

We can't wait to see what Christmas movies inspire your cards this week, so check out all the inspiration from the DT and Guest Designers, and then play along with us right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!


16 comments:

Notes by Nina said...

Very cute card Marcia, I love your sweet little elf.

Susan Joyce said...

Adorable little elf Marcia, great Christmas card, I don't know of the Movie you based your card on I will have to try and find it.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling little "Buddy", Marcia - that movie is a fave of mine too (of too many!). Just love your coloring and that designer paper looks perfect behind! Love the sentiment banner too!!

Colleen said...

Oh so cute, Marcia...now I will remember when I am in a senior moment and can't think of a Christmas movie to reach out to YOU, my friend! fabulous card and great design...love your computer generated sentiment! Have a great week!

Lady Joyful said...

Lovely card Marcia! Your elf is so wonderfully coloured.

Kim Heggins said...

Too darn cute...love your sweet elf (Buddy)!

Linda said...

Marcia, fabulous card with your sweet elf that is colored so beautifully.

Linda said...

Oh and hope you have a great week.

Birgit said...

Oooh, what a cute, cute idea! Amanda and I love watching Elf as Christmas approaches. I'll have to remember your tip for a computer generated sentiment. Love it!

wienerhoneymooners said...

OMG! I agree, all Christmas movies are faves, but since my boy has loved ELF, we watch together and have a BLAST! so funny!!! Love your rendition card for this newer classic movie!

Julia Aston said...

What a great job coloring Buddy the Elf Marcia! The quote sentiment looks great on the banner cut - fun card!

Ros Crawford said...

Now this is a Christmas card I would love to recieve... It's fabulous!

Bonnie said...

This card makes me smile as much as the movie! Wonderful coloring and I love the font you've used for Buddy's quote!

Brian King said...

Such a cute card, Marcia! Buddy is the best! Love how you showcased the quote here.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

You can't beat Buddy - one of my favourites!

JoAnn said...

Love that cute elf and how you did the quote from the movie. Great card.