Thursday, January 18, 2018

Papertrey Ink's Create Along With Us - January 2018

Hello friends.  It's release week at Papertrey Ink, and that means in place of  the Make It Monday challenge, it's the Create Along With Us challenge where we can CASE one of the designers cards.  I was blown away by everything the DT showed us for this release, but thought I would try a Betsy Veldman card.  Here's her card:


Isn't it absolutely GORGEOUS?!!  Betsy has magic in her hands!!  And I can hardly wait to get my hands on that bird set...it was the 1st thing in my cart Monday night!!  Anyway, I tried with what I had on hand and came up with this:


I used the Beautiful Berries: Spring set just like Betsy did and also used my Aqua Painter to move the ink around a tiny bit to give the water color effect.  Next I stamped the sentiment from Year Of Psalms: February because I thought the verse fitting to add a bird to.  I used one of the birds from Winter Woods because of it's size and tried to blend it like Betsy did, and while it's not bad, it's not as pretty as Betsy's birds are!  Maybe I just need the right bird stamp....


My last step was sponging a little color around on the background...love how it softens up the whole card!

There's still time to play along with this challenge, so check out all the BEAUTIFUL cards from the DT and then try your hand at one of them!  You can find all the info to play along right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


19 comments:

Karen Dunbrook said...

soooo gorgeous....love this.
x Karen

Birgit said...

Eeeep! So adorable!!! Yes, those birds went right into my cart too, like I need more birds but you totally "get it". That's what I love about our friendship, we're both weak and enabled together. hehe! Love your sweet take on Betsy's card!!

Nancy G said...

Marcia, your card is SO beautiful!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh so beautiful Marcia! Love the pretty bird along with the beautiful berries! I think I NEED that bird set no! LOL :) Great take on the challenge!

lainey said...

Marcia, your card is so pretty! I like the look of the sponged background, it really does make it look softer. I used the Spring Woods birdie on my card. I am thinking Spring!

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful colors Marcia~you managed to use Winter Woods and make it springlike!

Skrater said...

What a stunning card! I love it. The new birds are so cute but your bird is perfect.

Carmela said...

Excellent job on your inspiration of Betsy's card! I love the little bird with your berries. Very soft and pretty.

Loll said...

AMAZING!! Gorgeous card Marcia!! xx

Helen F. said...

Oh be still my heart! Marcia, your card is every bit as beautiful as Betsy's and YES, those Brushed Birds are definitely joining my PTI collection too!
PS: don't tell my beloved Song Birds ;-)

Patti said...

Beautiful!! you did Betsy proud!! wow

Bonnie said...

Beautiful colors and a reminder that spring will come, my friend! I definitely think we need that bird stamp! The Psalm is perfect and one of my favorites!

JD/ Jill said...

This is really beautifully done!

Greta said...

Beautiful take on Betsy's card, Marcia--love the soft inking & that bird is gorgeous!

Lisa said...

I love Betsy's card and yours too! There's something really peaceful and uplifting about it. I love the sentiment you chose and the whole card just came together so nicely. Lovely!

Kara Lynne said...

I fell in love with this over on Instagram, and even passed my phone over to my husband to show him (very rare). How absolutely wonderful, Marcia!

Kathy Mc said...

Marcia, you nailed this one using sets you had. Your bird is gorgeous and just as soft and subtle as Betsy's. Beautifully done!

Luanne said...

Gorgeous! I think you’ve captured Betsy’s card beautifully! I need to pull that Year of Psalms verse out, still such a favorite, and goes great with the birdies!

Vikki H said...

Your inner Betsy shined on this card, Marcia. Each part is perfect except for the "wrong bird" (lol) but the sponged background cemented your betsyness look!! Gorgeous work