Monday, January 29, 2018

Merry Monday #275 - Pastels

Hello friends.  Welcome back to another Merry Monday challenge, where this week our hostess Susan is asking for Christmas cards done in PASTELS!


I kept with the wreath theme and used a new (to me) stamp from Lil' Inker called Vintage Christmas Wreath.


I started by embossing the image in silver on TH water color cs.  I used my Zigs to add the light pinks, greens, and purples.  I love how this stamp has all the shading built right into the stamp, so it really pretty much colors itself!

I die cut the center of the wreath out with a circle die so the pink would show through and then stamped my sentiment which is also part of the stamp set.  A few sequins and some white baker's twine finished off my card.

Make sure to check out all the inspiration from the rest of the DT using PASTELS, and then play along with us...we'd love to help you get your Christmas cards done in time this year!!  You can find all the information you need to play along right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


11 comments:

Lori Turner said...

Absolutely gorgeous Marcia! I love that wreath stamp ... so pretty! Have a wonderful week xoxoxo

JoAnn said...

Such a pretty wreath Marcia. Love it embossed in silver and your fabulous coloring.
Have a great week.

Colleen said...

Gorgeous wreath, Marcia! And the colors are so very pretty, it is works so well with embossing the outline and adding the colors. Very pretty my friend!

Linda said...

Marcia, so pretty in the pinks and green. with the silver embossing. Have a great week, friend.

Bonnie said...

A beautiful wreath, Marcia! Love the sentiment in the center!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty wreath! I like your non traditional colors too. This is fabulous Marcia!

Susan Joyce said...

Your vintage wreath is gorgeous Marcia love all the different flowers, leaves and berries.

Loll said...

Beautiful wreath Marcia. Love it done in the pastels. xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your silver embossed wreath, Marcia! So pretty with the pink showing through the open circle!!

Kelly Lunceford said...

This embossed wreath is so beautiful! You did a fabulous job on this challenge! Have a wonderful week!

Unknown said...

Marcia, I love the silver embossing and soft watercoloring... great color combos and a lovely design. Have a great weekend.