Tuesday, February 5, 2013

HAD TO HAVE IT CHEVRON FOLDER

Good morning friends.  Ever HAD to have something, get it, and then it sits there FOREVER?!  That's my tale of today's card!  When SU! first came out with the Chevron ef, I hardly gave it a second glance, but then I kept seeing cards done with it that I liked and knew I HAD to have it!  So I got it and yesterday finally took it out of it's packaging...and I can't even remember when I bought it!  How sad is that?!!  So anyway, after taking it out yesterday, I sat and stared at it awhile, and wondered "what do I do with this?"  Like every good stamper, I finally turned to the catalog and found a card to CASE! :0)  (Page 188 in the SU! catalog if you're interested)  Here's my version of it:

 
It's a lot brighter IRL, but I really liked how it turned out...bright and cheery!  I started with a card base of SU!'s Barely Banana (retired) and then used my Chevron ef with a strip of 3 1/2" wide Green Galore (retired) cs.  Before adhering the green layer down, I added a tiny strip of Melon Mambo (SU!) that I used a pair of pinking craft scissors on.  Next I added a 1 1/2" strip of Whisper White that I stamped on, using the flourish from SU!'s "Priceless" set and the sentiments from PTI's "Embroidered Blooms" set (the hello is stamped with Green Galore ink).  The left side I used a 1 1/2" strip of Melon Mambo that I ran through PTI's Herringbone embossing plate, and then added the butterfly (SU!'s Priceless set) stamped in Melon Mambo on Whisper White and fussy cut out).  I used a couple glittery brads from my stash and some SU! Lucky Limeade bakers twine to tie the 2 strips together.  It was a quick and fun card to do, and will be great to send to someone in need of cheering up! :0)

That's all for today, but I'll be back with a birthday card tomorrow that I made for my SIL Nancy (Happy Birthday Nancy!) and my good friend June whose birthday is tomorrow (didn't want to spoil her surprise if she's looking today!).  Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a terrific Tuesday!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I love the butterfly!