Monday, February 11, 2013

PTI's Color Inspiration Challenge

Good evening friends.  Back with a card I made for Papertrey Ink's Anniversary Color Inspiration challenge.  I chose color inspiration #3 because the picture showed a summer beach scene and right now I am mightily sick of snow and winter!  Here's the picture and colors:

Color-inspiration-3
 
And here's the card I came up with:


   Since I don't have any of PTI's stamp pads, I had to use my SU pads.  I used Marina Mist, Cool Caribbean, Perfect Plum, and Pale Plum.  I started with a Whisper White card base, added a layer of Marina Mist, and then stamped on a Whisper White layer one of the stamps from "Limitless Layers" (PTI) stamp set using all four colors.  I also stamped one of the sentiments from that set down at the bottom and then ran the layer through my Cuttlebug using PTI's Herringbone Impression Plate.  I added the flower using the Limitless Layers dies and pop dots to make it stand out a little.  My last step was to add the ribbon (SU).  Taking a picture at night doesn't really do the card justice, as it really is a lot brighter than what you're seeing...more like summer! :0)  Anyway, fun challenge and glad I got a chance to play along!

Thanks for stopping by again...love it when you do! :0)                                                                        

No comments: