Monday, January 6, 2014

Caught A Bug?

Good morning friends.  Hope you all had a great weekend.  We're digging out - again!  Well, actually my husband has been digging us out while I've been playing in my craft room and taking care of our youngest who's been dealing with a nasty case of the flu since last Thursday!  As much as I hate seeing any of my babies being sick, it did provide inspiration for the card I'm going to show you today.  Take a look:


I saw a card on Pinterest last week similar to this, and thought it might bring a smile to my daughter's face...it did!  I used a jar stamp by Judith and the bug is from a retired SU! set called "Cute As A Bug".  If you click to enlarge the photo, you can see the detail of the bug a little better...since I was giving the card to my daughter I HAD to use glitter on the bug! :0)  Some iridescent sequins also helped to "bling" it up!  And here's a look at the inside:



I computer generated my sentiment and stamped another of the bugs from the stamp set.  I used black, Smokey Slate, and Melon Mambo inks and cardstock for this card. 

That's all for today friends.  Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you all stay warm if you live where this brutal cold has settled in!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Cute card -hope she is feeling better!