Friday, January 3, 2014

Meadow Greens Frame

Good morning friends.  Just a quick post today, but wanted to share a gift I made for a girlfriend of mine with a $1 frame from Michael's and Papertrey Ink's stamp set "Meadow Greens".  Take a look:



I used VersaMark and clear embossing powder to stamp and heat emboss the fern image on the frame, and then stained the frame using some leftover stain from a kitchen project.  The image didn't pop out as much as I'd hoped at that point, so I inked up the fern image again with Soft Suede ink and stamped off just a little bit from where I had embossed to make the ink look like a shadow of the embossed image.  (used a Kleenex at this point to wipe off the excess ink from the embossed part)  Doing these steps almost gives the fern image a wood burned look and I really liked how it turned out.  For the picture inside the frame, I computer generated my sentiment on cream colored cs, and then stamped the fern image twice with the stamping off technique and Always Artichoke ink.  This ended up being a really quick and easy project and my girlfriend Mary absolutely loved it!  I had bought a bunch of these frames at one point (for something that I can't even remember now!!!), but I definitely know what I'm doing with them now...the possibilities are endless! :0)

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and have a wonderful Friday and weekend! :0)

2 comments:

Kathy said...

What a great idea, Marcia! Thanks for posting.

Anonymous said...

So pretty!! She will love it!