Monday, March 10, 2014

Colour Me Challenge #10 - Monochromatic/Old Olive

Good morning friends.  Found a new challenge to play along with last night while I was blog hopping some of my favorite ladies.  I love checking out Colleen's blog as she always has something pretty for me to look at, and this time was no exception when I saw the card she made for a challenge I had never heard of.  When I saw the beautiful inspiration photo for this new challenge I knew right away I was sunk and was going to have to play!  They want you to make a monochromatic card using the color Old Olive (SU!), which has always been a favorite of mine!  I knew right away the card I wanted to do too, but had to wait till this morning for some light to photograph it! :0)  Take a look:


A very simple card to put together, but I just love the monochromatic look and of course the color Old Olive!  I used SU!'s "Blooming with Kindness" flower stamp and the "Weathered" (retired) background stamp.  After inking up both stamps, I did use my Aqua Painter directly to the stamps to give them a bit more of a watercolored effect.  (If you click to enlarge the picture, you'll be better able to see the watercolor effect)  The sentiment stamp is also a retired oldie, but one I still find myself using a lot...love the font on this one!  I finished with a little bit of jute to add a touch of dimension to the card.  Here is the photo that so inspired me:


 Isn't that just the prettiest photo?!  I'd tell you to paly along with this great challenge, but there's only a couple hours left (leave it to me to find it at the last minute!!).  But definitely check out all the great cards this challenge inspired right here .  And thanks Colleen for clueing me in to this great challenge!!

Have a great Monday everyone and thanks so much for stopping by...I love it when you do!! :0)

5 comments:

Sue said...

Love it! So glad to see you doing another challenge. They sure help me find inspiration with all the b-day cards I have to make! Great card!

Katie Melhus said...

What a perfect card for this challenge, I love your flower and that background is just lovely :) So glad you're playing along this week at Colour Me...!

Michelle said...

Your background is a perfect fit for that beautiful flower! Love the inked edges and twine!

Darnell said...

Congratulations to you on the well-deserved HM from Colour Me for your beautiful card, Marcia!! Hugs, Darnell

Colleen said...

Well, my goodness sakes, what a fabulous card...I am glad that you found it via my blog and how totally sweet of you to direct others to my blog...I am humbled as often I think: what was I thinking when I made that? And you totally deserved the spotlight! I am always inspired by you too!! Thanks Marcia!