Friday, June 27, 2014

Make it Monday #169 - Vellum Overlays

Good morning friends.  Playing along with the challenge at Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday today, where Danielle shows us some tips and tricks for adhering vellum overlays.  I made my card the beginning of the week, and have been debating whether or not to post it.  I think the issue is that most of my cards are bright and colorful, and this one uses just a couple muted colors.  I like the actual elements of my card but just am not too sure about the coloring of the card.  I'll let you all decide! :0)  Take a look:


I used Winter Wisteria and Aqua Mist inks with the Background Basics: Super Chevron (PTI) for my background.  I keep thinking if I had used something like Raspberry Fizz and Aqua Mist inks, my card would have had a totally different feel to it...maybe I'll just have to try it and see!  But anyway, after attaching the vellum overlay by stapling the piece of baker's twine (I love how Danielle did that in her video!!!!), I attached my butterfly from the Life is Beautiful stamp set and die (PTI). 

 

My "hello" sentiment is from the Wet Paint stamp set (PTI), and a few sequins finished it off.  Clicking on the photo's to enlarge them will give you a better view of the colors and the detail on the butterfly.

There's still time to play along with this weeks challenge, and you can find the video, Danielle's beautiful card, and all of the rest of the entries over on Nichole Heady's blog.

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and let me know what you think of my color combination.  Have a great weekend! :0)

4 comments:

Oreety said...

Very pretty! I love your color selection (I'm a sucker for anything aqua) and dimension with the butterfly!

Danielle Flanders said...

I personally love colors that are understated, brings an elegance to the card! Very beautiful! And thank you for the nice comment! :)
Danielle

Joyously Noelle said...

What a lovely card!

Anonymous said...

Hey Marcia, nicely done. Your butterfly is very pretty. The colors are amazing too. Great job.