Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Make it Monday #185 - Faux Stained Glass

Hello friends.  The challenge this week over at Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday is Betsy showing us how to make our cards look like faux stained glass.  I got really excited when Betsy mentioned in her video about different stamps that would work with this technique, one of them being "Stained Glass" which I have but have never used!  The excitement ended shortly after that when I realized I didn't have a black Stazon pad anymore (I think I got rid of it when I got into using Copic markers and realized a Momento ink pad worked better with them).  And for anyone who hasn't tried this technique yet, Momento ink does NOT stamp well on acetate or clear cardstock! (yes, the voice of experience....grrrrrrrr!)  So anyway, I used vellum instead, and although it works (kinda), it doesn't give the shiny look that using the acetate would.  Here's what I came up with:


 The "Stained Glass" set is a beautiful one, so after I go out and get a new Stazon ink pad, I will definitely be trying this technique out again and getting some more use from this set! :0)

You can see Betsy's video and beautiful card here .

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day! :0) 

16 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Marcia, you're so resourceful! And the vellum IS beautiful! This is just the perfect image for the technique!

Linda said...

Beautiful Marcia. I think it looks great with the vellum.

Colleen said...

Beautiful card, Marcia! Great image to color and the vellum works great too!

Sarah said...

that looks great on vellum, softer - lovely with the stamp set.x

Rhonda said...

A girls gotta do what a girl can. I LOVE it!

Susan said...

I love the softness of the vellum! Beautiful card!

Sue said...

Very beautiful! Hahaha...I figured out Momento doesn't work on clear card stock last month. I don't know if I have my Staz-On black anymore either. The vellum looks great!

Barbara said...

Wow, love the vellum. Very clever!

Kathryn A said...

You were smart to use vellum!!! Wish I had. But then, I would've really been copying! Sorry-I didn't realize that mine was so close to yours.

Helen F. said...

Gorgeous 'stained glass' card, Marcia. The vellum works beautifully!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Love this Marcia. Beautiful work...

Jacquie Southas said...

The vellum worked well - just beautiful image and nicely designed card!

Jill Norwood said...

Beautiful! Love it on the vellum!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Fabulous faux stained glass image!

Maria said...

Awww...a perfect image for the faux stained glass technique! Very pretty colors for your wonderful Christmas card, Marcia!

jen said...

Very pretty! Sorry about your frustration with the ink- I actually think it looks really great on vellum!!