Saturday, February 6, 2016

PTI 9th Anniversary - Day 1: DT Favorites

Hello friends.  Papertrey Ink is celebrating their 9th Anniversary, and they are starting out the celebrations with the Design Teams favorite color combinations.  The color combo's are all beautiful, but I was especially drawn to Melissa Phillips color choices: Autumn Rose, Lavender Moon, Melon Berry, Summer Sunrise, & Spring Moss.  And since I hadn't had a chance to use the Mini Butterfly Cover Plate die yet, I combined the two and came up with two cards:




My first card is pretty simple - just inking up the butterflies in Melissa's color combo and then reattaching them by their centers and adding the sentiment.  I did use Wink of Stella on all the butterflies, so IRL this simple card really shimmers!  My 2nd card I used watercolor cs and "smooshed" all the colors except the Spring Moss, and then die cut with the cover plate.  After reattaching the butterflies in the center again, I added another layer of DSP vellum butterflies (hard to see in the photos, but the vellum had little white swirls on it) over the first ones.  My sentiment I embossed on a strip of Spring Moss cs and then added a couple black enamel dots.  I used a  card base of Autumn Rose that you can see peeking through behind the butterflies for a bit more intense color.

Make sure you check out all the Anniversary fun going on over at Nichole's blog for the next 10 days right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!!  :0)

12 comments:

Joyce said...

These are both gorgeous, Marcia. I waffled for so long on that cover plate and those stamps, and you are making me so very sorry that I did not get them.

Colleen said...

Awesome card Marcia! Isn't this fun? I LOVE the PTI anniversary challenges!

Helen F. said...

What gorgeous cards, Marcia! The added layer of vellum is really so pretty. LOVE that butterfly cover plate ~ it's going on the Wish List :-)

Marybeth said...

Wow,Marcia,I love both! All the stamped butterflies looks so pretty in those colors . Oh my goodness the second one is so creative and artsy!

Birgit said...

Both of these cards are so pretty, Marcia! All those pretty butterflies lined up are so cheerful in those colors. I especially love the smooshed background and the vellum layers over the butterflies in the second one. Gorgeous!!

Sue said...

Wow! Both cards are beautiful. Just stunning!

Linda said...

So pretty, Marcia. I just love butterflies. I particularly like the second one with the smooshing and the vellum.

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Both cards are awesome Marcia! The second one is so creative.

Diana K said...

Two fabulous cards, Marcia! I especially love all the pretty details that you added to your second one. Sweet!

Loll said...

Two beautiful cards Marcia. Love the colours and patterns you've used. And the sentiments are so lovely. xx

Brinda said...

Both the cards are beautiful Marcia! These challenges are real fun!

Connie MacFarlane said...

Beautiful cards Marcia! Love your use of colours!