Friday, March 2, 2018

CAS Watercolour March 2018 - GARDEN

Hello friends.  I am SO excited to share with you that I've been asked to join the CAS Watercolour Design Team!  I am just so very honored to be joining this group of very talented ladies and excited to be sharing with you a medium that I have come to love!  So let the FUN begin!


Our challenge this month is to create a card with a GARDEN as the focus...that means more than one flower friends!  I had to do some digging and found a few older wooden stamps to use for this month, and came up with this:

 
I found an older Endless Creations stamp called Floral Garden (pretty fitting don't you think?!) and used the Faux Watercolor Technique or Direct To Stamp Technique...this is where you simply use markers to directly color onto your stamp and then spritz quite generously with water and stamp onto your cardstock.  I used SU! markers in Bermuda Bay, Elegant Eggplant, Almost Amethyst, & Always Artichoke. Once dry, I matted with some black cs and adhered to my card base and then added my sentiment from PTI's Choose Joy stamp set.


When I was searching for stamps to use for this challenge, I also found a smaller stamp from Endless Creations called Weed Patch, so I made a "twofer" for you today!


I used the same technique as my first card, just different colors....Pink Passion, Only Orange, Elegant Eggplant, & Always Artichoke.  My sentiment again comes from the PTI Choose Joy set and I also added a die cut frame from PTI called Leaf & Sprig Frames Die. 

We're so excited to see what YOU come up with this month using a GARDEN theme!  Make sure to check out what the rest of the DT has done and then play along with us.  All the information you need can be found right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


21 comments:

Loll said...

So happy to be working with you on the CAS Watercolour team, Marcia! :) Your garden cards are GORGEOUS. Love the mix of colours and perfect technique to use with these beautiful images. The leaf die-cut frame is so pretty. xx

nancy littrell said...

Oh my, Marcia...Perfectly Beautiful CAS flower designs for both your cards, my friend. Wonderful examples of your stamping talents and why you are so perfect for our DT:-) I love how you used old stamps and made your designs so trendy by using the Direct to Stamp technique. Such beautiful watercoloured flowers and wonderful sentiment. TFS both beauties. Hugs...

Colleen said...

Marcia, big congrats friend on this honor! You are a great inspiration and I love this card you made! Fabulous work, I think I may have a few older rubber stamps that would work!! Heart Hugs!!

Lisa Elton said...

I like how light and airy these are Marcia, very pretty!

Christine Alexander said...

Marcia, both cards are beautiful. Direct to stamp (faux watercolouring) looks amazing. By the way you will love CAS Watercoloure :)

Nonni said...

Congrats on your DT spot, well deserved! Both of your cards are STUNNING. I love this inking technique and the stamps you chose are just perfect for it. I especially love the sentiments in these cards -so uplifting and beautiful. Thanks for having me as GD at CAS Watercolour!

Ros Crawford said...

I am So happy for you!!! Congratulations Marcia!!! Your cards are a pure delight and they desereve to be shown on the CAS watercolour challenge... these are stunners and I hope I get chance to play along... Have a super day!

Mac Mable said...

Many Congratulations on joining the DT Marcia. Your cards are beautiful and love how you've water coloured them with that fun technique. Chuckled at the name of the second stamp....Weed Patch...should be re-named to something much prettier like your wonderful card x Thank you for the inspiration and so looking forward to more of your fabulous creations x

JoAnn said...

Love your gorgeous cards Marcia. Great job with the water coloring. Congratulations on joining the design team.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Sandy said...

You have a new follower - this is gorgeous - love the frame. What is PTI may I ask. You really are good when putting colors together. Congratulations - this team is lucky to have you!!
sandy xx

Linda said...

Congratulations, my friend and well deserved. Two beautiful cards and love how your used that frame, that I decided I didn't need. Lol.... 6 more days. Yeah!!!

Vicki Finger said...

How fun - Now I get to see your creations much more!

Pat said...

Congratulations on joining the DT Marcia, and a terrific debut with this pretty card, and the stamp spritzing technique has give a lovely loose look to the flowers, and love the sentiment underneath. The second card is gorgeous too with the delightful ornate frame and some more super ink spritzed flowers, and yet another great sentiment. x

Bonnie said...

Yay, Marcia, I'm so glad you have joined our team! And you've begun with not one, but two gorgeous gardens! Love the colors you've used and the wonderful sentiments!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Congratulations on joining the Design Team at CAS Watercolour, Marcia!
Both garden cards are so pretty with the Direct-to-stamp technique! I love the color combinations and the airy feeling. Perfect CAS WC designs with a great choice of the sentiments. Looking forward to seeing many more of your beautiful creations! Hideko xx

Trina P. said...

Congratulations on joining the team! Both cards and designs are beautiful. Great technique.
Looking forward to seeing your work each month. xx

Nancy said...

Well deserved! Congrats on your new DT! Lovely cards!

Birgit said...

Congratulation on your exciting news Marcia! They couldn't have made a more fitting choice! Your work on these two cards is stunning! The watercolors are so lovely and definitely frame worthy.

Karen Dunbrook said...

two beautiful looking cards..lovely flowers and such a great watercolour look to them Marcia. So happy you are joining our team!
xx Karen

Viv said...

I simply love these cards. They are beautiful. Difficult to say which one I like best but the second one perhaps is just shading it with it's glorious splash of orange and pink.

Anke said...

Wonderful cards with lovely sentiments, I love the watercolour look of the flowers.

Greetings from Germany
Anke