Monday, March 19, 2018

Merry Monday #282 - A Inspiration Challenge

Hey Merry Monday fans...it's time for another challenge and this week Linda has a BEAUTIFUL inspiration photo to inspire you!


I was inspired by the golden glow of the candles, the reds, and the greenery and came up with this:

I embossed my candles (SU!'s Merry Patterns) in white and then masked them while I did the greenery.  (I masked them because I knew I was going to stamp them in using red and didn't want it to run while I used water with the greenery) The greenery is also from SU! (Ornamental Pine) and I inked it up in my MISTI using Old Olive and Mossy Meadow inks and then spritzed with water before stamping to give the water color effect.  Then I removed the mask over the candles and added the red and used Delicata Golden Glitz ink for the flames of the candles.  The sentiment comes from PB's Yuletide Wishes.

How will you be inspired by this photo this week??  We can't wait to see your cards in the gallery!!  Check out all the BEAUTIFUL inspiration from the DT and then play along with us right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


20 comments:

Birgit said...

This is such a lovely card Marcia! I love the water colored pine sprigs and that festive row of candles. The sentiment is just perfect!!

Kelly Lunceford said...

That greenery is amazing! You really did a great job!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your water color effect on the pines, Marcia! Perfect coming into your candles from the edges!!

JoAnn said...

Pretty card Marcia. I love how you did the pines around the edges, it makes those pretty red candles pop. Have a great week.

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous interpretation of the inspiration photo. Love the green foliage and the pop of red and gold is wonderful x

Colleen said...

Well, I am glad you didn't use the same stamp as Linda...although great minds think alike *wink *wink!!! Your card is stunning! I love those big pine branches and your row of candles is amazing! Fabulous card my "sister of the heart"! I miss each one of you too!

Kara Lynne said...

Oh my, Marcia, those pines are gorgeous and what a wonderful sentiment that is so true about Christmas! Beautiful!

Linda said...

Beautiful card Marcia. Sorry you had to change your plans on the stamp set. Great minds think alike. Lol...Hope you have a great week my friend.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

I so wish we still had the Ornamental Pines set. One of my favorites and you used it well on this card!

Bonnie said...

I love these pine boughs and your water spritzing with the ink worked beautifully! Love the sweet candles too! Hope I can get something in on time this week!

Christine Alexander said...

the pine boughs are spectacular and love those little candles nestled between them :)

Sandy said...

Beautiful! You pine needles are fantastic!
Sandy xx

Kim Heggins said...

Wonderful holiday card Marcia...just love your gorgeous pine needles and those beautiful candles.

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty Christmas card Marcia! Love the pretty sprigs of pine!

Nancy Penir said...

Marcia, you slay me! GORGEOUS!!! Want that pine stamp. Oh no, need to put the reins on my spending this month, or this year... Anyway, your watercolor technique is amazing. The pine looks real! Hugs!

Heidi Weaver said...

Wow, Marcia, what a lovely card! Those pine needles make a wonderful frame for the beautiful candles.

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful holiday card, I love the sentiment.

Lori Turner said...

This is so pretty, Marcia! I love how you bordered with those lovely pine needles! Have a super weekend xoxoxo

Ros Crawford said...

This is so fabulous!

JD/ Jill said...

So pretty! I especially like you pine sprigs...so festive. Great take on this challenge!