Thursday, October 25, 2018

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop Oct. 2018

Hello friends.  It's the 25th and that means it's time for Papertrey Ink's monthly BLOG HOP, and Autumn is definitely the season shown by this month's inspiration photo!!


I was inspired obviously by the pumpkins, but also the cart and the chalkboard sign.  I was also inspired by Kelly Lunceford's post HERE using the Make It Market Kit: Market Street which sadly I think I have used only once since it came out and I HAD to have it!  So anyway, I came up with a CAS card and little cart that I filled with candy pumpkins...take a look:


I die cut the cart out of Kraft cs and then stamped it using Cocoa Bean ink stamped off once.  The pumpkins were stamped with Melon Berry and Orange Zest and the leaves with Prairie Grass and then die cut and attached to the cart along with the sign in black stamped with white ink.


I attached my cart to a white card base that I embossed with an older Craft Concepts ef called Stately to add the embossed lines around the edges.  Some bakers twine and iridescent sequins finished off my card.

 

And while I was at it, I made a little matching cart using Kraft cs and the dies from the Make It Market Kit: Market Street.  I used an older SU! background stamp called Hardwood to stamp the sides of the cart with Cocoa Bean ink and then sponged the wheels and body of the cart also with Cocoa Bean ink.  This cart came together SO easily and was the perfect size to add a few of those pumpkins from Brach's Harvest Mix.


So there you have it...a sweet little gift that I think I'll give to my mom for Halloween!  Can't wait to see how everyone else interpreted the inspiration photo...always FUN to hop along and check it all out HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


21 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

I love everything about this card Marcia... It's fabulous! Love that chalkboard and the cart with the pumpkins and the edging is perfect! And what a cute project to go with it! Halloween must be great around your neck of the woods!

Susan Watanabe said...

You’ve captured the inspiration photo perfectly, Marcia! I just love the market cart! I’m sorry I didn’t add this kit to my stash. Your mom will love your creations! 😉

Karen said...

I can't imagine a more perfect card for this blog hop! It's perfection; every detail is perfect, and I love the CAS design. Didn't buy that Market Kit, but wishing I had!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Beautifully done, Marcia! It looks like a few of us were inspired by the cart and pumpkins....thank heavens for the Market Street set. lol Love the colors you used and your chalkboard sign...lovely card & cart!

Helen F. said...

Your card is beautiful! Oh and that cart full of treats is just darling ~ Nicely done, Marcia.

Jill S said...

Great little card!

Birgit said...

Adorable Marcia! I love your CAS card and the cart holding those yummy goodies. We were totally on the same page this month.

Dana Kirby said...

Marcia, this is Adorable!! Your card is perfect...the cart is extra special!! Now I "need" this set!!

Nancy G said...

Your cart and Card is perfect, beautifully done!!! I have this set and I didn't think to use it.

Rosemary said...

absolute perfect take on the inspiration, Marcia! love that sweet little card that you made full of goodies!

Kathryn A said...

Adorable cart and card!! Love the detail of the embossed border on the card. Perfect take on this challenge.

Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... your card is so sweet Marcia!! And then to see that matching cart with sweets ... WOW! Your mom is going to be thrilled with this. LOVELY way to present a little gift! xx

Julia Aston said...

Love your cart with the little blackboard sign in it Marcia and the lovely row of colorful pumkins inside! the embossed frame and black/white twine frame it all nicely! and what a sweet 3D cart with your yummy treats inside!

Lisa Elton said...

You and Birgit must have been channeling each other! I love the pretty little pumpkin cart on your card and the adorable matching goodie cart! Awesome projects Marcia!

Jacquie Southas said...

That cart is too adorable & I love the matching card!

Kim Heggins said...

love your sweet cart filled with yummy treats and your matching card is just as cute.

Kathy Mc said...

Oh my, Marcia, your colorful card and cart full of candies make a perfect gift, and I'm sure your Mom will love them. Looks like lots of us were wishing we owned the Market Street Kit. Beautiful project, Marcia!

Bobby said...

Absolutely perfect rendition of the photo, Marcia. And the cart is so cute, with or without candy.

Sadie said...

Marcia, your projects are awesome! You've captured the inspiration photo perfectly. I just love that little treat cart and with pumpkins!!! So perfect. Thank you so much for your nice comments on my blog. I truly appreciate them!

Bonnie said...

I love the cart full of pumpkins on your card, Marcia! Crisp and Autumnal! And the 3D cart is amazing! What a fun Halloween or Thanksgiving treat!

Anita in France said...

A doubly delicious take on the inspiration, Marcia ... what a fabulous design ... that little cart piled high with pumpkins is so cute ... and how scrumptious are those treats in their own tiny transport! Such a lovely gift set! Hugs, Anita :)