Monday, October 8, 2018

CAS Mix Up - October 2018

Hello friends.  The very talented Mac is hosting this month's CAS Mix Up challenge and she would like to see METAL used on our cards.


Here's what I came up with using a couple Penny Black items:


I started by inking up the Snowy Grove image from PB with Versafine Black Onyx ink and then used clear embossing powder over the image and heat set it.  Next I sprinkled mostly Cobalt Blue Brushos and just a little bit of Purple Brushos over the stamped image and then misted with water till I got the colors I wanted.  Once it had dried, I added a torn piece of white cardstock to the bottom of the image to resemble a snowbank and stamped my sentiment from Altenew's Blessing's stamp set.


I popped up my image with foam and then added a die cut dove from PB (Peaceful Wishes) that I had embossed with silver 3 times to give it more of a metal look rather than just embossed.  I really love how this card turned out!

This challenge is open till the 24th, and the DT has some AMAZING cards to inspire you this month.  They also have a bunch of really great videos for you to check out if you're unsure how to do the METAL technique.  You can find it all right HERE to play along.

My card will also work for this month's CAS Christmas challenge which is to use a BIRD on your card.


You can check out the CAS Christmas challenge right HERE.

Also wanted to share a few pictures from my AMAZING weekend in Wisconsin.  I spent the day Saturday traveling to Wisconsin with Sue, Michele, & Bobby and met the wonderful Gina K at her store in Greendale WI...what a gracious and kind woman!!





On Sunday, we traveled to Wind Lake, WI and had an absolutely wonderful morning/afternoon with Darnell, Bev, Anita, Kara, and Kelly (Kelly, I'm so sorry I didn't get you in any of my pictures...grrrr!!)!  Oh, and how could I forget?!  I got to meet the famous "Hammy" too!



The other gals took so many more pictures than I did, so hopefully they will be surfacing around blogland and IG and you'll be able to see all of us!  I don't know why it still amazes me after experiencing KANSAS how a group of women who have never met before can connect so fully and feel like they've known each other FOREVER!!  Every one of these ladies was absolutely delightful and have become even more dear to me!  I feel so blessed to be a part of this amazing community!

Thanks so much for sticking with me through such a looooong post and hope you all have a wonderful week!!


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


18 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful card, I have that stamp set and love using it:) your brusho background is gorgeous, such a great depth of colour and your dove looks like it's been cut from metal.
So nice to see your crafty pictures, it looks like you all had a great time. Isn't it fun meeting Hammy in person.

Birgit said...

Your card is so beautiful Marcia! The peace dove looks amazing with the heavy dose of silver embossing. You certainly achieved the look you were going for. My favorite is the photo's of all you beautiful ladies and reading about your wonderful time together. What a blessing for sure!!

Colleen said...

Wow, that background is stunning, as is your whole card! What fun pictures from your adventures to WI! Lucky gal meeting all those infamous people from blogland! Another trip to remember! Have a good week friend!

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Marcia! LOVE the beautiful trees with the gorgeous colours of brushos. AMAZING! The dove is so sweet and looks like a piece of jewelry. Great work with this challenge!

How fun to meet up with this wonderful group of ladies! Fabulous weekend for you Marcia! xx

Linda said...

Wow, Marcia your card is fabulous. That background is so gorgeous and your little faux metal bird is perfect. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas. And what an amazing trip you had to meet all of these talented ladies. Lucky you. A little jealous, lol...

Jo said...

Wow, quite a night sky woodland. It's perfect for that silver embossed dove. He adds so much dimension. The torn white panel really works for me. A beautiful CAS card Marcia.
Thanks so much for sharing it with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Bonnie said...

You got such a wonderful sky through the trees with your Brushos, Marcia! The "metal" dove looks so perfect with your scene! Lucky you to be able to spend real time with these wonderful creative ladies!

Kim Heggins said...

Stunning card Marcia...love those gorgeous colors and your dove, so perfect for Christmas! Looks like you had a fabulous time with blog friends too!

I Card Everyone said...

I am in love with this silver dove, Marcia... you're always giving me the bird - and I love every one!
What a blast... I'm still pinching myself! and enjoyed every mile of our road trip! xx
=]

Lisa Elton said...

How pretty are those cards peeking through those trees! And the bird does look like metal, well done Marcia!! Oh...I wish I had been on that trip, it sure looks and sounds like FUN!!

Ardyth said...

I know many of those ladies so I know how much fun you had! What a wonderful way to spend a weekend!

Mac Mable said...

You sound like you had so much fun and great to meet up with like minded crafty friends x. What a show stopper of a card. The background is so atmospheric and absolutely stunning. All topped off with the contemporary piece dove, which I love triple embossed for your metal element. Great addition to the CAS Mix Up Gallery, thank you x.

Pat said...

A fabulous scene Marcia and love the depth of colour with the Blue and Purple Brushos, and the torn edge to the card makes for a very lovely snowbank, and that metal dove is just perfect for the metal element. Glad you had a wonderful weekend including your meet up with all the ladies, and Hammy of course. x

Julia Aston said...

Your background trees and sky look like a photograph Marcia! what beautiful colors you got with your Brushos! and the silver embossed dove is lovely flying on the edge of the forest. Looks like your had a wonderful crafty trip!

Ros Crawford said...

Your card is fabulous!! Love the colours and that beautiful bird is just perfect! Thanks so much for sharing your photos... What a fun time you ladies had! I love seeing photos of you all

Bobby said...

The Brusho background is gorgeous and I love your faux metal dove, Marcia. It's so delicate and lovely. What a fun time it was to meet and travel with you, Sue and Michele to meet the gals in Wisconsin. It's an adventure I will treasure forever.

Darnell said...

You did a brilliant job with your winter sky, Marcia! It truly looks like the last stages of dusk and your metal dove looks beautiful in the foreground! Thank you for sharing these great photos, although you could have cropped me out of the Hammy photo, ahem! The meme over my head should say, "Oh, Hammy, we need to get you to the doctor for that condition you have." LOL! What fun we had and what an absolute pleasure it was to meet you! I hope we can make it happen again somewhere sometime!! Hugs, Darnell

Nance said...

Gorgeous, Marcia. That first pic of it it looks like a photo and that dove is beautiful. And how fun to get together with all those creative women!