Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Make It Monday #344 - Deck Your Dies

Hello friends.  Melissa Phillips has a GORGEOUS card for this week's Make It Monday challenge where she shows us how to deck out our word dies by using DSP, Glitter Paper, Felt, or any other number of different mediums.

My card is one of those that ended up totally different than what I imagined when I first started!  Some cards come together so easily, and then others like this one go through many, many renovations!!  But in the end I was happy with the way it turned out!


My first thought was to use Dawn's Say It Simply: Holly Jolly word die, but it covered my whole card so it was hard to add anything else!  I finally ended up pulling out an oldie but goodie...Wonderful Words: Snow.  I die cut it 4 times and did the top layer with the Bitty Big DSP in Aqua Mist and then coated the top of it with some Dazzling Diamonds glitter.  I used the Snowfall Style Stencil Collection stencils with Aqua Mist ink on my white panel and then with Vintage Photo DI on my kraft panel that I then die cut with the Mix & Mat: Berry Boughs.


I also added a die cut snowflake from Fancy Flakes (that I also glittered up!) and then added my deer from the Dash Away All die on top of the snowflake.  I also stamped the deer using a CP floral tree stamp with the Vintage Photo DI to give it a little pizazz!!  I stamped the "dashing through the" sentiment in Pure Poppy on a white strip to add some red to the card along with a little bit of baker's twine around the deer's neck.  A tiny drop of Black Nuvo Drops was used for the deer's eye.

Make sure you check out Melissa's lovely, lovely card and all the info to play along with this challenge right HERE.     

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


15 comments:

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

Oh Marcia...this is adorable. I love that little reindeer, you have stamped him so perfectly that he looks like he has such a sweet little face. I love that SNOW die and your snowflake and the Mix & Mat die are just perfect for this. Well done you! Cheers.

Marybeth said...

Marcia it has a beautiful rustic feel to it! Loving the red scarf and stamped deer! Glitter on the word snow is a pretty touch and fun way to add sparkle .

Bonnie said...

Love the stenciling on this leaping reindeer and his fringed scarf! The paper and glitter on the die cut snow are so festive! A fantastic card, my friend!

TLady said...

MARCIA! This is BEAUTIFUL! NOW, you make me WISH I had gotten this deer & the other dies you've used! LOL You're SUCH an enabler! ;) PERFECTLY DONE & INKY HUGS for your visit! ;)

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my , what a pretty little deer! So many wonderful layers Marcia. I like the wee touch of sparkle you added to the snow die cut, very cute!

Carmela said...

Love the reindeer and snowflake! The colors go so well together. Very pretty!

Birgit said...

This is so darling Marcia! The stamped deer is just perfect in that wee pattern and the glitter topped snow die is the icing on the cake. Don't you love when your creativity takes you in a completely different direction and it turns out awesome?? Well done my friend.

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is lovely, Marcia! So much to look at and I love it all. After reading your post, I realized that I missed the whole point of this challenge. I thought it was to deck out all of your dies. I missed the part about "word dies." lol Guess I need to read more closely.

Anita in France said...

What lovely layering, Marcia ... and fabulous detailing with all these delicious Christmassy elements! Hugs, Anita :)

Susan Watanabe said...

Love that reindeer and your glitter topped SNOW die-cut, Marcia! Your elements are perfectly balanced making a gorgeous holiday card. You wouldn’t believe the trouble I’ve been having trying to comment on people’s blog. I finally got onto to your site after nearly a week of trying. :(

Ros Crawford said...

This is so gorgeous, I love all the elements you used.

Vikki H said...

Your card is gorgeous and it's fun to check out each detail included in the design! Your crafting skills have skyrocketed in the past year!

TLady said...

CONGRATULATIONS, MARCIA!!!! ;)

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

Congratulations Marcia!

Marlena M. said...

Yay Marcia! Gorgeous card and congrats on your win~