Friday, December 7, 2018

Snowflake Frame

Hello friends.  Just a quick post to share a couple cards I made with a new die given to me by my cousin from a company that I had never heard of before...Yvonne Creations...Snowflake Frame.


The die is a 5" x 5" one and larger than a normal A2 size card that I usually make.  The die is also extremely detailed and when trying to pull my cardstock from the die, I started ripping some of it...grrrrr!!  So anyway, these two cards came out of a what do I do with this torn die cut??!!


For my 1st card I ended up using the torn die cut (torn at the top and bottom but the middle section was still intact) as a stencil and placed over a white panel and then blended Gina K's Powder Blue ink over the bottom 2/3rd's of the panel.  It looked really pretty so I kept going and added my sentiment at the top from PB's Yuletide Wishes stamp set with silver embossing powder and adhered to a Powder Blue top folding note card.  I also added a thin strip of the Powder Blue cs between the stenciled portion and the sentiment portion.  I had a silver and glitter snowflake in my stash that I added to the bottom corner of my card and then added some white crochet thread to the top of the card and called it good!


The piece of die cut snowflakes that I had used as a stencil for the first card was too pretty to throw away, so I added it to a white card base and then added another white panel over the top of it that I  had die cut a window out of using MFT's Peek-A-Boo Rectangle Die.  I silver embossed my sentiment using PTI's Penned Elegance: Christmas below the die cut window and then finished with a few iridescent sequins and some more white crochet thread.


So there you have it...two simple cards made from one oops!  It sure pays to never throw away those accidents!!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Great save on your snowflakes Marcia! I like the silver and blue on the first one, it looks so frosty. And that's a wonderful sentiment too. The blue snowflakes peeking out of your frame on the second are a delight. These are both pretty cards!

nancy littrell said...

Two gorgeous die cut and stencil designed snowflake cards, Marcia. So glad you saved your torn die cut snowflakes. Loved your blue and white color combo, embroidery thread and heat embossing. Your die cut window with the pretty snowflakes was the perfect way to use a small scrap too. TFS my friend and Happy Holidays. Hugs..Nancy

Christine Alexander said...

Marcia, I love both cards, the colour is perfect for winter snow flakes:)

Patti said...

These are really really pretty! I just love this color combo for winter cards and the embossing in silver is the frosting on the cake! Yummmm!

Loll said...

Great save with your oops! Marcia!! LOVE that you've used a large part of it to create your own stencil. Beautiful and soft design. Love the design with the sentiment strip at the top. So pretty! And also great to use some of the die with the ink from stenciling for the center of your second card. That peek-a-boo window is one of my favourites. Another awesome design! xx

Bonnie said...

I would never have guessed that these cards came from and oops, Marcia! They both look intentionally beautiful! The embossed silver sentiments play so well with the blue snowflakes! Great save, my friend!

Ros Crawford said...

Well rescued! I know just how frustrating that can be but you ended up making two spectacular cards Marcia!

Anita in France said...

Gosh, you turned your oops into such prettiness, Marcia ... the stencilling is so soft and lovely, especially with that shimmery, single snowflake ... and what a gorgeous view through the peek a boo window onto that delicate snow storm ... a fabulous duo! Hugs, Anita :)

Birgit said...

What a great save on that lovely die. Well done! The stenciled card looks so soft. I love it!! I love both cards!!