Monday, May 6, 2019

Laurie's Fabulous Favorites Challenge

Hello friends.  Playing along with the current Laurie's Fabulous Favorites Challenge over at PTI, and Laurie is asking us to make a card using our favorite card layout.  That's an easy one for me since I feel like I use the same one over and over and over again!  A top folding card base with some type of die cut frame and a spray of flowers with the sentiment in the center.  So here's my same old, same old (layout) but pretty card:



I started by doing a little ink blending with Autumn Rose ink on my card base and then added a bit of water splattering.  I love using all the Bold Border Frame dies on my cards, and for this one I used the Bold Border: Polka Dot frame die to give a soft white on white look with the card base.  Last week Kelly Lunceford made a couple cards using Some Like It Hot and I realized I hadn't shown that stamp set any love for quite awhile, so stamped up the large and small flowers using Autumn Rose and Scarlet Jewel inks and tucked them into the corner of the frame along with a few leaves from the set and also a white die cut leaf branch from the Songbirds set.  Little hard to tell here since we haven't had any sunshine in a week, but the die cut "hugs" (from the Bold Border: Polka Dot) is cut from gold mirror cardstock, and the "sending" is from the Big Hugs stamp set.  Here's a closer up:


I'm loving the soft pink background, and for a same old, same old card layout, I think this turned out very pretty!

What's your favorite go-to card layout??  Just like Laurie, I'll be looking for some new ones too!  You can check out Laurie's favorite card layout and all the others in the gallery right HERE and then play along for a chance at a $100 gift certificate to the Papertrey Ink Store!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


11 comments:

Birgit said...

This is beautiful my friend! Your style is new and fresh with every card you make.

Heidi Gonzales said...

Very pretty! I love it!

I Card Everyone said...

Don't you know by now that 'everything old is new again?' Marcia, your 'same old' is always fresh, and beautiful!
=]

Bonnie said...

Love this layout, Marcia! Great frame and beautiful flowers!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful layout and texture, Marcia for your gorgeous flowers. TFS Hugs..Nancy

Helen F. said...

Oh Marcia, I think your same old,same old is absolutely gorgeous!
Don't you just love the leaves from Song Birds?
PS: Some Like It Hot and Bold Borders: Polka Dots are now on my "next purchase" list!

Lisa Elton said...

This is a fresh and lovely card Marcia, beautifully done!

Carmela said...

Very pretty card, Marcia! Love the hibiscus and the pretty bold borders die!

Mac Mable said...

Same old same old layout is good for me Marcia, as is it stunning. What a gorgeous card, love the die cuts, the layering, the design and the very pretty colours.....Keep doing them....I love them x

Ros Crawford said...

Oh it's so pretty! I love the design and you always make it so interesting and elegant!

Sharron said...

Gorgeous, Marcia! Love all the fabulous elements in this design. Your layering is perfect!