Friday, April 3, 2020

CAS Christmas April 2020 - Christmas Song

Hello friends.  I am thrilled to announce that I am now a part of the CAS Christmas DT, and if you've followed me for any length of time, you know I LOVE to make Christmas cards...all year long!  So this is a perfect fit for me and I couldn't be happier!  This month the challenge is to make your cards using the theme CHRISTMAS SONG.


Not only do I LOVE making Christmas cards, but I also LOVE Christmas Carols!!  (well actually I LOVE everything about Christmas!!)  My favorite carol is O Holy Night, but I went in a different direction and used my favorite tree die from Tim Holtz called Woodlands...


I found an ugly piece of Alcohol Ink paper in my scrap bin because suddenly it didn't look so ugly when I thought about how it might look cut out as a Christmas tree...and I was right!  I think it looks just perfect with all the green shades and touches of blue (think snow).  I made a frame using the 2 smaller dies from The Greetery's Nordic Frame Dies and then marked off the edges on my background layer with the frame so I would know where to stamp the O'Tannenbaum from PTI's O'Tannenbaum set.  I used my MISTI to help me stamp the song title straight in a light gray ink, and then added the Nordic frame with foam tape on the back for some dimension.


I added my background layer and frame to a white card base and then lastly added my Christmas tree.  I thought about stamping the song title again in a darker ink to add to the card, but then thought that I really liked how it looked with it just being there subtly in the background.  So there you have my CAS Christmas card featuring the SONG O'Tannenbaum.

What's your favorite CHRISTMAS SONG and how will YOU make it into a Christmas card?  We can't wait to see YOU in the gallery!  Make sure you start by checking out all the FABULOUS inspiration from the rest of the DT and then play along with us right HERE.  Remember to keep your cards CAS and have fun showing us your favorite CHRISTMAS SONG!!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


18 comments:

Trina P. said...

Welcome to the team, Marcia! Lovely card. Love the subtle O’Tannenbaum lyric background. The AI tree is beautiful with all those different shades of green.

Cat Craig said...

The team is lucky to have you Marcia! Congratulations on the DT spot. This is a fabulous card. The soft stamping in the background is a fabulous touch.

Lisa Elton said...

Congratulations Marcia, they sure are the lucky ones to have you on their DT!! Just look at this pretty debut card! Die cuts are perfect for those "ugly" papers, aren't they!

Susan said...

Love the subtlety of the O Tannenbaum stamping. And great use of a piece of AI paper that you didn't like for the tree. A beautiful card!!

Loll said...

So happy to have you on the Christmas team Marcia!! Gorgeous card with your ai die-cut tree. What a great way to use a "less then perfect" piece from your stash! It looks amazing as the tree with the different shades. So beautiful against all the white. Love the framing! xx

I Card Everyone said...

What wonderful news on this gray rainy day, Marcia! I adore that TH tree more every time you use it... especially cut from this cool AI panel - think Blue Spruce! Fabulous Christmas card, song, and news - all in one post!!
=]

Birgit said...

Congratulations on your new DT spot! They couldn't have made a better choice than you my friend. Your card is lovely! That ugly piece of alcohol ink paper turned into a beautiful card. You have the Midas touch my friend.

Sue said...

Congrats! They couldn’t have picked a better person. Yes, the ugly piece of alcohol paper worked perfect for the tree. I love how creative your card is. Beautiful!

JoAnn said...

Congratulations on the DT. I love your pretty Christmas tree. That "ugly" alcohol paper was perfect for it. Love the frame too. A beautiful card.

Bonnie said...

Welcome to the Christmas team, my friend! Like old times. Love the soft stamping in the background with the pretty frame and the perfect Christmas tree! A fantastic tribute to a wonderful Christmas carol!

Christine Alexander said...

Great to have you on the team Marcia, I've always love seeing your Christmas cards :)
Thanks for the reminder to pull out that die, and I love that O Tannembaum script background. Wonderful card.

Bobby said...

Congratulations, Marcia! This won't quite take the place of Merry Monday but it will give you two Christmas cards every month. ;) I have that tree die and haven't used it in a while. I'm looking at it in a new way after seeing your card. Such great design details, mf.

Mac Mable said...

What a fabulous card, with a great design layout and yes isn't it interesting when a not so sure piece of alcohol inked card can turn out to be so very pretty. A beautiful card Marcia.
Many congratulations on joining the CAS Christmas team Marcia x.

Anita in France said...

Congratulations on becoming a member of the CAS Christmas team, Marcia ... they're so lucky to have you! Your AI tree is fabulous ... might not have been pretty as a background, but it sure is as a Christmas tree against the subtle stamping! Lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So glad to see you on the team, Marcia! Just love your tree in shades of green and it's perfect on the frame with repeated song title behind!!

Kathy said...

Everyone else has said it all...but it's amazing that something that looks so awful before could be transformed into something so tranquil...O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree how lovely are your branches!

Ros Crawford said...

What a gorgeous card and a stunning design! You will certainly be an asset to the team!

Linda said...

Marcia, I'm so happy to be on a Christmas team again with you. I love all of your creations and this is no exception. This is beautiful and love how your tree turned out. Hope all is well with you.