Sunday, April 26, 2020

MFT Sketch Challenge #486

Hello friends.  Used the sketch from this week's MFTWSC486 to make a simple card for my sweet Addy...how many of the rest of you out there are missing your grandbabies?!!  Addy is 5 and her little brother is only 2 (3 in a couple weeks), and I'm missing them terribly, so sending cards and little treats is a way I can make sure they know Nana hasn't forgotten about them!


This layout had me stumped at first, but once I stopped over-thinking it, I came up with this:


I used MFT's PI Blowing Kisses for my main image and paper pieced her dress using a pink polka dotted paper from the Lucky Prints 6x6 pad (MFT).  The rest of her was Copic colored along with the little bunny who is from the BB Adventure Is Calling stamp set. 


My background paper is from Pebbles Garden Party 6x6 pad and the partial frame (PTI's Pierced Feature Frames) uses the same paper as the little girls dress.  The sentiment is also from the same set as the little girl and I used the scalloped frame die from Blueprints #1 to partial die cut my sentiment strip.  A few clear sequins finished off this simple card.

You can check out the inspiration from the DT HERE to play along.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


10 comments:

Colleen said...

Oh this is adorable, Marcia...that little girl blowing kisses is perfect! Yes, I miss the hugs and kisses too. I live next door to 3 of them, so I do see them a lot, we just stay a few feet away and give cyber hugs and "holy waves" as our priest says! So cyber hug to you to my friend! Hope you are feeling better! Heart Hugs, Col

Darnell said...

Addy is going to treasure this, Marcia, and all the pretty cards you are sending her. This pandemic is so hard on families that are separated, especially the grandparents and grandchildren. Thank goodness for video chatting, but it's not the same as a squishy hug from a wee one! Take care and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

Dotty Jo said...

Your card is just adorable, Marcia! Hope you are keeping safe and well, Jo x

Kay Miller said...

What a darling card Marcia! I love all of the pretty papers! What lucky grandchildren to receive such special gifts from you! I hope you can be with them soon!

Bonnie said...

What a perfect card to let Addy know that you're thinking of her and missing her. I'm sure she's missing you too. I think we all miss those little huggers!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh goodness, I feel ya Marcia. I miss Sweet P so much. We had a front yard visit the other day so we could drop off mommy's birthday gift and of course some surprises for the wee one too. She stands on the front porch and wraps her little arms around herself to show us she's giving us a hug. Melt...my...heart! Your little Addy will feel the love pouring out of this darling card. What a sweet image and I love the sentiment!

Anita in France said...

Oh my, Marcia ... this is simply perfect for your little Addy ... I can just feel the love that you poured into it ... and am certain she will too! Hope you'll be able to give her those kisses in person before too long! Stay safe, my friend ... hugs, Anita :)

Ros Crawford said...

I'm so sorry you can't get to see your Grandbabies... I know my brother is missing his so much. Stunning card Marcia and what a lucky little girl to have a grandma like you... Stay safe and well my friend

I Card Everyone said...

Yes, I do, too, Marcia. Addy is going to love the sparkly polka dots on that sweet little dress! Just so adorable!
=]

Cat Craig said...

How sweet Marcia. Darling lil card and I am sure she is over the moon everytime she gets a card.