Friday, December 18, 2020

Double D Challenge - POINSETTIA

Hello friends.  Yep, I'm still around...just slower at posting for the next couple of weeks while busy doing other things.  Hope you're all getting things accomplished and not getting too stressed out...and taking time to reflect on the reason for the season!

Today I'm playing along with the Double D Challenge where they have a lovely mood board for inspiration using POINSETTIA'S.  


 Don't you just love all the different colored Poinsettia's that are around now?!  I have a lovely, lovely one that is a mix of deep burgundy and mauve colors, and with the deep green leaves it is just beautiful!  I've been really hooked on a new stamp set this year from WPlus9 called Joyful Poinsettia which includes a background stamp, a single bloom, and beautiful sentiments, and that is what I used on my card for today.  Take a look:


I apologize upfront for my photography skills (or lack of), but with all the gold on this card, it was just really hard to get a decent photo with no glare!  Anyway, I started by embossing the background with gold embossing powder on black cardstock, and then water colored with my Finetec Pearl set, which adds even more shine!!  Once that was dry I added a matte gold layer of cs beneath and then attached to a white card base.


 Here's a close up so you can see the detail a little better.  I also embossed the sentiment in gold on black cs, and then fiddled for a loooooooong time with some gold cording behind the sentiment...I think that was the part that took the longest for this whole card!!  This ended up being a very elegant card which is not my usual CAS style, but have to admit I like the way it came out!  And thrilled that I have one more for next years Christmas card stash...never too early to get a head start in my opinion!!

Make sure you check out all the GORGEOUS inspiration cards from the DT and then play along right HERE.  If I don't end up posting again before Christmas, I want to wish each and every one of you a very blessed Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


12 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW Absolutely gorgeous ... SO festive! I love it! Yes gold is so difficult to photograph ... I feel your pain! LOL Your coloring is magnificent ... I can see why you love this set! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Poinsettia’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Colleen said...

Stunning card, Marcia! I love all the gold! I am ahead of the game for next year as well and I need to be, at the last minute I had a call from my daughter's MIL who wanted 40 Christmas cards!! Yikes, good thing I was way ahead this year, I had enough to share!!~ Blessings to you and your family!!

Birgit said...

This is absolutely stunning Marcia! Oh yes, all that gold and your coloring is swoon worthy. How wonderful that you've got a head start for next year already. Merry Christmas to you all my friend!

Robyn Oliver said...

Simply beautiful card Marcia..the gold and rich pearly colours are fabulous..Robyn

Bonnie said...

What elegant poinsettias, Marcia! I love these metallic colors against the black background! So gorgeous! Have a wonderful, if different Christmas, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, so much elegance Marcia! This is a glorious card!

Loll said...

STUNNING card Marcia! LOVE the pearl paints on the black background. What a fabulous poinsettia stamp set. You've really shown it off. Gorgeous and elegant card, my friend! xx

I Card Everyone said...

I feel like your photos show the shine just wonderfully, Marcia! What a gorgeous card! Another Poinsettia to add to my collection perhaps?
=]

Mac Mable said...

Wow this is stunning Marcia. I Wanted to pop in and say a blessed Christmas to you too and a healthy New Year. Thank you for the amazing inspiration throughout 2020....I have loved it x.

Ros Crawford said...

So beautiful and so rich! Wonderfully done Marcia! Have a beautiful Christmas and many thanks for my card!

Bobby said...

How gorgeous and elegant, Marcia. I've seen a lot of this stamp around FB and IG. Very popular and I can see why.

Judy Woodland said...

This is just beautiful!! You really nailed it with that spectacular pearly paint!! Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
Judy~ DD DT
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!