Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Double D Challenge - Santa Hats

Hello friends.  There's a FUN challenge going on over at the Double D Challenge where they are looking for a Santa Hat on our cards.


And isn't this just the sweetest mood board to get us inspired?!  I have had this Penny Black image called hedgy joy for longer than I can remember and have never inked it up, and since it fit this challenge perfectly, it was time!


 Isn't he a cutie?!  I inked him up in Versafine Black Onyx and then heat embossed with clear so I could water color him without the black ink bleeding.  Once he was dry, I fussy cut him out and added him to a background of Snowflake Splendor DSP (SU!) and Penny Black's tree border die cut.  He looks so bright and cheerful against the blue & white background.  

I am also going to add this card to Darnell's NBUS Challenge #21 since this is the first time inking up this little hedgy critter.


 Make sure you check out all the AWESOME inspiration from the Double D DT right HERE and then play along for some FUN!  Great way to finish up those Christmas cards if you still need to!!  :0)

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



11 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

He's so adorable and the BG paper is perfect for him... Have a lovely day Marcia

Birgit said...

Oh yes, your little hedgie is adorable! What a darling winter scene you've given him to enjoy.

Cat Craig said...

I love how big the hat is...such a cute hedgie.

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, he IS a cutie and seems to be looking with wonder at your beautiful sky! LOve those little trees, too!
=]

Bonnie said...

I'm sure it won't be the last time you use this sweet little guy, Marcia! So cute with this pretty winter scene!

Lisa Elton said...

Awww, what a sweetie! This is a darling scene Marcia. My late SIL, (my stamping partner in crime!) loved hedgie stamps. She would have enjoyed this card so much!

Loll said...

So sweet Marcia! LOVE that hedgie and his LARGE Santa hat! :) Glad you inked him up ... he makes me smile! Gorgeous background and tree border. xx

Barbara said...

OMG! So glad that you inked it up as it is the perfect stamp for this challenge at Double D. Just Adorable!
Barbara DT

Darlene said...

OMG how adorable Marcia! So glad we were able to give you the opportunity to ink him up! What a fun creation! GREAT JOB! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Santa Hats’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

TK said...

Ohhh he's a cutie! Love that he's staring in wonderment at the star -- great card

Darnell said...

I'll bet you'll be using him again and again now that he's come to life, Marcia! I mean, how could you not?! I love the scene you have created for him with that really stunning snowflake that has him mesmerized! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell