Sunday, June 20, 2021

The Flower Challenge #57 - CAS

Hello friends.  I'm playing along at The Flower Challenge today where they are looking for CAS flower cards!


CAS is one of my FAVORITE styles!!  So much so that I have 2 cards for you today!  Actually I really like how my 1st card came out, but then I got a couple new ink pads from The Stamp Market that I wanted to try out, and my card ended up being CAS so I'm just going to show you both!!


This is actually my 2nd card using my 2 new ink pads (Wisteria & Lilac) and The Greetery's Sketchbook Roses stamp set.  I only inked up part of the image and stamped it in the top left hand corner of my cardstock to keep my card CAS.  I cut off a 1/2 inch of the right hand side of my panel and then attached to a top folding card base, along with a 1/2 inch strip of black cardstock to the left hand side.  I finished it simply with a sentiment from the stamp set, and then added a piece of bakers twine.  Easy peasy and CAS!


And here is my 1st card using Altenew's Paint-A-Flower: Carnations which is a similar layout to my other card, but this one I water colored using some Distress Inks (Spun Sugar & Peeled Paint) and my Aqua Painter.  I added a strip of PTI's True Black Pattern Pack dsp to the left hand side, and then finished with a sentiment from Altenew's Essential Sentiment Strips Die Set that I die cut using a scrap piece of black cardstock.  I also added a few clear gems for just a tiny bit of bling.

I'll be adding this carnation card to Darnell's NBUS Challenge because both the stamp set and the die set have been sitting unused for quite some time!  And of course now that I've used them both I'm wondering why I took so long??!!


You still have a few days left to play along at The Flower Challenge (till Friday the 25th), and there's lots of beautiful inspiration from the DT to guide you along if you need help with CAS...just remember to use LOTS of WHITE space!!  :0)

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


10 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two floral beauties, Marcia!! Just love the edges with strips on both cards but especially the black/white stripe!!

Cat Craig said...

Two deliciously CAS cards Marcia. Love those blooms and the side bars.

Loll said...

Two gorgeous CAS cards Marcia! Love the first one with your new inks ... the shades of purple are so pretty, especially paired with green. Great design with off-the-edge. Second card is equally beautiful with the pretty pink carnations. Again, the black strip edging is a great design element. You are on a roll, my friend! Thanks for joining us at The Flower Challenge! xx

Lisa Elton said...

Excuse me while I ooh and aah over those pretty colors on your first card! Wisteria and lilac ~ swoon! Too fabulous cards, Marcia!

I Card Everyone said...

Using just a few of the layers really makes those roses look hand-painted, Marcia! SO pretty! Your second card will have me singing about a white sport coat when I'm done typing! SO pretty in pink, and classic black always fits the bill!
Thanks so much for sharing your pretty card with us at The Flower Challenge!
[my new inks should arrive today!]
=]

Bobby said...

Two floral wonders, Marcia. The purples look fabulous and they both look great with the dark stripes down the side. I'm wondering where all those new things are fitting in your craft room. lol Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Flower Challenge.

Bonnie said...

I wonder why it takes me so long to use those NBUS sets too, Marcia! Just not enough time! Your purple flowers are gorgeous and I love the baker's twine along the black edge! I've been tempted by those carnations and Love how you've colored them! The temptation continues! Two awesome CAS cards, my friend!

TK said...

Beautiful! These are both fantastic cards

Ros Crawford said...

Two beauties again... Loving that first one!

Birgit said...

These are both gorgeous Marcia! The first card is my favorite too. I love the flowers stamped off the edge like that with the strip of black and bakers twine. So very striking!