Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Twofer Challenge #39 Reminder

Hello friends.  Marcia here with a friendly reminder that there's still time to play along with us at The Twofer Challenge this month until the 24th.  The theme this month is SUNSHINE!!


Remember that to play along with this challenge you need to create 2 cards using the same stamp, die, or stencil on both cards, and the design and occasion for each card must be different.  

I used an older MFT SUNSHINE die on my encouragement and thank you cards.  Take a look...


I'm on a bit of a MFT kick this month, and used 2 different Pure Innocence images, as they both reflected SUNSHINE so perfectly to me!  Let's take a look at my encouragement card first...


 For this card I started with my background first, and used the SUNSHINE die to make a stencil and then stenciled just a portion of the SUN in the upper right hand corner with Wild Dandelion ink (Gina K).  Next I stamped the image of the little girl and her unicorn floaty (MFT's Sunny Days Ahead) on my panel and then stamped her again on a piece of copy paper to make a mask.  After adding a bit of two way glue to the back of my mask, I covered the stamped panel with the mask and finished my background.  I started blending from the bottom up and added sand, water, and just a few clouds using a cloud stencil (A Colorful Life Designs). 


 At this point I removed my mask and then used my Copics to color the little girl...all except for her swimsuit which I paper pieced using some of PTI's Bitty Big DSP in Raspberry Fizz.  The sentiment is one that is included in the Sunny Days Ahead set.  I attached the panel to a crimped panel (The Greetery's Crimped Frame Dies) and attached both to my card base on an angle.


For my Thank You card I used the same MFT SUNSHINE die and die cut it directly from my top panel, removed it and ink blended it up with Wild Dandelion ink (Gina K), and then inlaid it back into my panel.  For this card I colored up and die cut one of the MFT Pure Innocence girls from the Sweet Summertime set, and then added some pop dots behind her for a little dimension.  The sentiment is also from the same stamp set.


And here's the inside where I partially stamped the little girl and the thank you sentiment that also comes with the set.  Edited to add:  The Inspired By Challenge is looking for watermelon cards, so my 2nd card fits perfectly with this challenge and I'm linking it up!

 


So there you have another two examples of using SUNSHINE on two different cards for two different occasions.  We can't wait to see YOU in the gallery, so come play along with us right HERE.  Remember that this challenge is open till the 24th

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


13 comments:

Bonnie said...

Both of these are beautiful, Marcia! Love the stenciled sky with the brilliant sun and sweet little gal ready for a swim! The little gal with the watermelon and bright sun says summer days perfectly! Awesome coloring on both and the inside of the thank you card is perfect!

Cat Craig said...

Oh this is such fun, I love the little gals.

Lisa Elton said...

The PI images always make me smile! These are oozing with summer cuteness, Marcia! You should link your little melon lover up at our IB challenge ;)

Loll said...

Awww ... these are so adorable, Marcia! Two fabulous sunshine cards that will brighten someone's day! Great work! xx

Birgit said...

These are both just as cute as can be Marcia! PI images always make for the sweetest cards.

I Card Everyone said...

You know I adore these little girls so much, Marcia - what a way to add sunshine to anybody's day!
After that storm last night, I sure needed it!! [Ahem... this melon one would be such a hit at IB!]
=]

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Adorable twofer with those MFT girls, Marcia!! Just love how you used the die to make stenciled sunshine on card one and the inlaid die cut on card two!!

Bobby said...

You always do a beautiful job with those little girls, Marcia.

Mac Mable said...

Adorable card with the cutest of image and 'Sunshine' on two cards. Thank you Marcia for the continued amazing inspiration x.

Celeste Goff said...

Oh my gosh, your card is precious! I Love that you decorated the inside too!

Darnell said...

Those little MFT girls are just darling and so perfect for any summery sunshine design such as these, Marcia! They remind me of the little paper dolls I used to play with - and loved. You colored them beautifully and I love that you paper-pieced, too! Great background and clouds on your beachy floatie design! Now I need to go to the store and buy some watermelon! Hugs, Darnell

Ros Crawford said...

Oh what cuties they are... Beautiful backgrounds and beautiful paper piecing and colouring!

oldpunca said...

Both of your cards are so cheerful Marcia. I like the images of little girls. Both are awesome and perfectly colored. You've added sun image on both cards very smart and fantastic. It is a great idea to inlaid it. So it makes perfect background for the little girl eating melon. I like also the inside of the card. It is a great play with words. :-) Sorry for being so late with comment, but it is so hot here by us, that there is only possible to survive with doing nothing. :-) Hugs, Sonja