Thursday, January 13, 2022

Color Hues Challenge #32 - Red & Purple

Hello friends.  Nothing like waiting till the last minute to play along with a challenge, but still sorta in the slump club here...anyone else like that here??  I did make a quick card for the Color Hues Challenge as I really needed to get going on some Valentine cards, and the RED and PURPLE seemed like a good way to get started!

 

And here's my simple Valentine card...


I made a background with red & purple inks using SSS's HEART TO HEART BACKGROUND stamp, and then covered it with a scalloped die cut circle (PFS) in red cardstock.  


The sweet little mouse is from CCC's Ever Thine stamp set and was colored with my Copics.  The sentiment is also from the same stamp set.  It still needed a little somethin somethin, so I added a few purple gems from PFS.

Not much time left to play in this challenge (ends on the 14th at 9:00AM), but there is FABULOUS inspiration from the DT and their Special GD, and you can check it all out right HERE

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous interpretation of the vibrant colours and perfect as a valentine's card. Super adorable little mouse, wonderful stamping of the two colours for the hearts on the background and perfect addition of the gems Marcia x.

Lisa Elton said...

What a SWEET cutie patootie mouse! I love the little grin he has. Your background reminds me of Spirograph! Darling valentine, Marcia!

Nancy said...

Well, this card is no indication of a slump! The background is fabulous and the little mouse is colored perfectly! He is just so happy to be presenting his box of chocolates! At least that is what I presume is in the box! I am always just delighted to see you in our gallery at Color Hues!

Cat Craig said...

No Slumping there...Marcia just a whole bunch of sweet cuteness!

Julie B said...

What a great take on the colours Marcia, love the cute rat with his box of Valentine chocs against the subtle heart background.
Thanks for making it in time to join in at Color Hues! :)

Kristie Goulet said...

This is darling, Marcia! I love that mouse! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues! Happy New Year!

I Card Everyone said...

This darling guy was worth the wait, Marcia! He's so cute, I'd let him in without the chocolates!
=]

JoAnn said...

Such a cute image for your lovely card Marcia. Love the heart background in purple and red.

Hannelie said...

Oh Marcia I LOVE this! Cute, creative and beautifully made!
Thank you so much for playing at Color Hues!

Birgit said...

This is adorable Marcia, and such a great way to use those two colors together. That little mouse looks pretty pleased with his box of sweets. ;0) Stay warm, snug and safe my friend!

Bonnie said...

This is an awesome use of these colors, Marcia! What an adorable Valentine!

Bobby said...

That little mouse adds a cute touch to your wonderful valentine, Marcia.

Ros Crawford said...

Simple?? Its fabulous my friend!

Loll said...

Sweet! LOVE that hearty background. Adorable with the mouse. xx