Saturday, August 1, 2026

Color Hues #138 - NAVY & TEAL

Hello friends.  Another month has sped by and here we are in August already!  Karen is our hostess for the next two weeks here at Color Hues and she has chosen an awesome color pairing that I think is perfect for Summer!

I have a really, really simple card for you today that totally fit a stamp set that I've had for a year or two and never used. (Yes, I'm real good at collecting stamping supplies but not always so great at using them in a timely manner!  Oh well, better late than never!!)  Take a look...


 The stamp set is SU!'s Sunrise Sailing and I used Night of Navy and Bermuda Bay inks to create this calm and peaceful scene.  


If I hadn't adhered a layer of Night of Navy cs behind my stamped panel this would have been a single layer card, but the added layer does add a bit of framing to the simple card.  I have a couple of Summer birthdays for the guys in my family, so this will work out great for one of them.  In fact, I may even make a couple more and just change up the colors...super simple and easy!!

The DT and our Special GD Rachel Ball all have some awesome cards to inspire you to play along, and you can check it all out right HERE.  We can't wait to see what YOU come up with using these 2 colors!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!
 


6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, my goodness, Marcia! This is such a WOW card! You're right about that set being perfect for these colors - I can think of a few more!
=]

TK said...

For CAS and nearly one layer, this is definitely an amazing card! Those colors were perfect for your set, but then again, that sets seems to be pretty amazing too -- what peaceful serenity, Marcia!

Karen said...

This is one fabulous CAS design, Marcia! I, too, thought of sailboats and lighthouses for this combo, but didn't have anything nearly as wonderful as this sailboat on the water, This was just perfect for the Navy and Teal Challenge!

Bonnie said...

What a great sailboat with the striped sails! It couldn't be more perfect for these colors! A wonderful masculine card, my friend!

Bobby said...

Love it, Marcia!! The simple design still has impact and works perfectly for the colors. I can see it in red and blue too.

Leslie Miller said...

I find this card so very beautiful. The stamp set looks amazing, and it's a super choice for the colors. I have to say it's sailing to the front of my fleet of favorites! I love it that much!