Don't these colors make you think Autumn?! That's where my mind went and this is what I came up with...
I started by ink blending a background with DOX inks in Fossilized Amber, Wild Honey, & Fired Brick. When it was dry I added a piece of 2 sided sticky sheet over one side of a piece of heavy vellum and the other side to the ink blended background. Next I ran it through my SSS Falling Leaves ef. I loved how the piece of vellum looked but you couldn't really see the ink blended colors! Maybe if I had used thinner light weight vellum it would have shown through better...next time! I ink blended another piece of cs and then foiled it with SB's Autumn Leaf Border and gold foil...I think it turned out beautiful!!
I added a Crushed Curry (SU!) card base to the vellum layer and then added the ink blended and foiled strip across the vellum layer. I added 2 tiny strips of black cs to the edges of the foiled strip and then finished with a die cut sentiment from MB (Just A Note). Even though my background didn't turn out the way I pictured it in my head, I still love the way this card turned out!
Make sure you check out all the beautiful cards from the DT and our Special GD Crystal Minkler for inspiration and then play along with us! We'd love to see YOU in the gallery! This challenge is open till Wednesday, Oct. 14th @ 9:00AM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!




10 comments:
Marcia, I found the thinner vellum worked better but that doesn't keep me from loving your wonderful panel one bit! It's like a window to the colorful world outside! Just a BEAUTIFUL note!
=]
Marcia, I love the way it turned out too! The bold colors, pretty embossing and gold accents are stunning all together! I'm loving this
Still haven't tried this vellum technique, your panel is pretty! Wonderful card, Marcia
I love your creativity on this card, Marcia. It is certainly a stand out!
It's beautiful, Marcia! Love the gold and peek of color from behind the vellum. I really must try embossing some vellum.
I love the muted look of the background, Marcia! I think it makes the golden leaves pop! So pretty, my friend!
I don't often reach for vellum, but after seeing what you've done, I'm adding this technique to my must-try list. Stunning card with the 'window' effect drawing our eye to the blended panel. Talk about amazing inspiration for the colour combination and Fall-themed cards in general. As always, you amaze and delight.
hugs~carol
I had a whole different idea in my mind about how you made this card so I'm glad you explained, Marcia. I've tried that vellum technique and it is such a great design feature. It highlights the gold foiled, ink blended panel in the middle beautifully.
The combination of the vellum and the beautifully foiled panel makes for one gorgeous card!!! I never think to emboss vellum, but it's going on my list to try!
Gorgeous! This is truly a wonderful color combo and it absolutely glows on your blended panel. The gold foiling looks amazing on it! I love your vellum background even though there's barely a hint of the color underneath. It's an enchanting suggestion!
Post a Comment