Friday, November 8, 2013

Happy Birthday Sue!

Good morning friends.  Yes, it's ANOTHER birthday here on my blog, but not just any birthday!  This is a BIG birthday!  As in a 60th birthday!  And NO birthday should ever be celebrated without life's most sustaining (and amazing!!!) food, so a very, very HAPPY Birthday to you Sue!



I LOVE making these chocolate nugget cakes...they are as addicting as the chocolate itself!  And what better way to celebrate a big milestone birthday than with LOTS of chocolate?!  They really are very easy to make using 1" x 3" strips of design paper (The Paper Studio) or even address labels that you've stamped on.  I chose this design paper because it was black and that was the color theme I was going for, but it was also pretty and that was important as I didn't want to be too mean by making a solid black cake! :0)  The first nugget cake I made for my husband, I used a hot glue gun to attach the nuggets to the Styrofoam bases.  I didn't do that for this cake, as we discovered with my husbands cake that the heat from the hot glue gun discolored the chocolate!  I used sticky strip for this cake and it seemed to work just fine!  I also made a matching card and gift holder:



I had to take a close up of the gift card holder, as I FINALLY used the "Stitched Words" die that I bought months and months ago and had never used! (PTI)  The "wish" fit perfectly on the flap portion of the holder, and it basically just punches out the stitching holes for you to follow with your embroidery floss...very easy and a great finishing touch! 

So anyway, I hope you have a wonderful 60th birthday Sue, and that your kids all spoil you rotten!  You deserve it!  And I promise I won't eat your cake before I get it to you!  (it will be hard, but I'll be on my best behavior!!) :0)

That's all for today friends.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and if you're in my "neck of the woods, don't forget to check out the Craft Show & Sell tomorrow from 10AM to 5PM at Scrap, Scribble, 'n' Stick...will be a great place to get started on your holiday shopping! :0)     

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Love all of these creations - especially the stitching on the card!