Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Make it Monday #141 & Merry Monday #84

Good morning friends.  Had some time to "play" last night and made a card that I could use for both this weeks Make it Monday challenge (Adding Glitter with Heat and Stick Embossing Powder) and Merry Monday's (Trees with Bling).  I hadn't used Papertrey's "Merry & Bright" die in quite a while and so dug it out to use for these challenges.  I love the simple lines of these trees, and "blinging" them up with the glitter really made them stand out!  Take a look:


If you click on the picture to enlarge it, you'll be able to see the glitter a lot better!  I started with a kraft cardstock base, then added a Cherry Cobbler layer, and then dp from SU!'s Season of Style Designer Pack.  I also used scraps of coordinating dp and newsprint for the different layers on the trees before I embossed them.  I had to improvise a little with the embossed glitter, as when I opened my container of Heat n Stick embossing powder, it was not powder any longer, but a solid lump!  I think it's probably somewhere in the 8 - 10 year old stage and was rock hard!  So anyway, I improvised by mixing some clear embossing powder and Dazzling Diamonds glitter, and it worked out just fine! :0)  I mounted my 3 trees on banners that I embossed with a Cuttlebug large dot folder (to keep the dot theme going!!), and then added a few finishing touches with the ribbon, star tag (PTI "Tiny Tags" stamp & die), twine, and some diamond bling for the tree stars.  IRL it really sparkles and I love the way it turned out! :0)

Make sure you check out all the other "blinged" out trees over at Merry Mondays and all the glittery cards over at the Make it Monday site on Nichole's blog.  LOTS of fun inspiration on both sites!  Thanks so much for stopping by today and have a wonderful Wednesday.

 

12 comments:

Kathy said...

Great job with the Plan B bling!

Darnell said...

Wowza, Marcia! Dots and chevrons and text and banners ... and ALL that awesome glitter!! This is such a fun card and a fantastic design!! Great tip, BTW, on mixing the clear and DD powders! Thanks for that! Most of my EP is that old, too. If I don't chat with you before, have a wonderful Thanksgiving next week!! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

Hi Marcia. Fabulous card!! Love all the layers of polka-dot papers - great design technique. The trees have so much sparkle and shine from your embossing ... so clever of you to mix items to work around your solid block of Heat and Stick powder! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

Nancy Penir said...

Love this 'dotty' theme. The trees look great, and I think you invented your own new technique!

Carolanne said...

Cute layout! Your glittered trees look great!

cdoggett01@yahoo.com said...

Love your trees....they are awesome!!

Marybeth said...

Hi Marcia. I did click on nit and wow you can see how beautiful the melted in glitter looks love this and your beautiful card.

Karren said...

Great card, Marcia! Fantastic layout and I love the placement of your blingy trees. Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

Notes by Nina said...

Very nice card Marcia, I love the little trio of cute trees.Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Bonnie said...

Oh, WOW, what wonderful, glittery trees, Marcia! What a fun card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

LeAnne said...

Very pretty! I had the same thing happen to my heat & stick, but I was able to break it up and still use it! I love your polka dotted theme going on! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Merry Monday challenge!

Lesley said...

Adorable! Love all those polka dots and the glittery trees look amazing! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!