Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Sunflower Birthday

Good morning friends.  Besides Christmas cards this month, you will be seeing lots of birthday cards too!  This is a busy month between family and friends, so hopefully I'll leave you with some inspiration for more than just Christmas! :0) 

After having a bunch of scraps of design paper on my desk from another birthday card, and idea struck for using up those pieces for this card.  Take a look:


I didn't have any pieces of this design paper big enough to cover the whole card base, so I pieced it for the background (and matted with Early Espresso cs).  Because this is a busier background, I wanted just one image for the focal point and what better than the large Sunflower stamp from SU!  I inked it up using Daffodil Delight and Early Espresso (which I stamped off on first so it wasn't quite so dark) and then just stamped half of it onto my piece of white cs.  I stamped it again using VersaMark and then used clear embossing powder to make it really shine! (it was hard to capture the shine in the photograph, but if you click on the picture to enlarge it, you'll be able to see it a little bit better)  I added a small banner with my birthday sentiment (PTI) and a button and easy, peasy, done!  I LOVE this stamp and just know I'm going to get a lot of mileage out of it! :0)

That's all for today, but I'll be back with another birthday card tomorrow where you'll see where I used the same design paper as this card.  Thanks so much for stopping by today and have a great Tuesday! :0)

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Love the colors!

Melody said...

Great card! That is a beautiful stamp!